#1- COMPETITOR INFORMATION
EVENT SELECTION. Mark the events you would like to enter. You may choose 1-2 events depending on your eligibility.
#2 COMPETITOR INFORMATION
#3 COMPETITOR INFORMATION
CHOOSE EVENTS BELOW. Mark the events you would like to enter. You may choose 1-2 events depending on your eligibility.
If competitor is not over 18 years of age, the competitor's Parent/Guardian must complete all the sections below.
In consideration of the acceptance of my participation of the IL-DO Taekwondo Championship Tournament hosted by IL-Do Tae Kwon Do Association, I certify that the above information is true and correct and herby release, discharge and waive any and all responsibility of the IL-DO Taekwondo Championship Tournament Committee, Referees, Instructors, and other competi-tors from liability for any injury, including death, and for damage to or loss of property which may be suffered by myself arising out of, or in any way resulting from or attributable in whole or in part to my traveling to, training for, being coached in, using any sports equipment in, or participating in the IL-DO Taekwondo Championship Tournament. As a competitor or parent/legal guardian of the competitor, I give consent to any x-ray exam, medical, chiropractic, dental or other treatments deemed necessary for the safety and welfare of the contestant. I further authorize medical treatment for myself, at my cost, if the need arises. I further grant the release parties the right to photograph and/or videotape me and further to use my name, face likeness, voice and appearance in connection with exhibitions, publicity, advertising and promotional materials without reservation or limitation. The released parties are, however, under no exercise said rights herein granted.
I have read this agreement, fully understand it’s terms, understand that I and the minor have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and uncon-ditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by the law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid that the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.
Rules and Regulations
DRESS CODE: Competitors must wear CLEAN FULL UNIFORM. No t-shirts under the uniform. Only girls may wear a white undershirt. Undershirts must be tucked in and not showing.
1. Students can choose to perform their current form or their previous form.
2. Scores will be based on: Proper order, beauty, grace rhythm, accuracy, power, technique and attitude.
SPARRING RULES: **There will be no coaching at the event.
Mandatory Sparring Equipment: Competitors will be DISQUALIFIED if they do not have ALL the required sparring equipment below.
-White head gear - Chest protector (red /blue reversible) - Forearm pad -Shin and instep pad - Groin cup (males only) - Gloves -Mouthpiece (make sure this fits properly!)
Duration of the Rounds:
Two rounds of 1 minute with 30 seconds rest (11yrs & younger).
Two rounds of 1 1/2 minute with 30 seconds rest (12yrs & older)
Note: The tournament director may change the time limits if necessary and reserves the rights to alter weight divisions to ensure participation and promote safety.
· NO head contact at any time during the competition. A competitor, who executes a technique to the head area, will be subject to one of the following actions: 1) Any techniques, attempted to the head area but does not make contact, will be given a verbal warning by the referee. 2) Any techniques, which makes any contact with the head are will result in a one-point deduction by the referee (Gamjeom).
· If the competitor cannot continue because of contact with the head area, the attacker will be disqualified.
· Inability to continue competition because of fright, crying or loss of will following a legal kick to the body, does not constitute grounds for disqualification of the attacker.
Ages 13 & up
· Color belts 13 & older may not make head contact at any time.
· Black belts 13 & older are allowed light kicks to the facial area, however absolute control must be exercised or the appropriate penalty shall be invoked. The competitor who executes a successful technique (light contact without causing injury) shall be awarded 1 point. The competitor who executes a kick to the face or neck, which results in a minor injury, shall receive a one-point deduction. The competitor who executes a kick to the face or neck, which results in the inability of the opponent to continue because of injury, shall be disqualified. The jury, referee and judges, after consultation with the tournament physician, if necessary, shall make this determination. Note: Inability to continue because of fright, crying or loss of will, following a legal kick to the head, does not constitute grounds for disqualification of the attacker.
· Certain rules and/or regulations are subject to change at the discretion of the tournament director.
VOLUNTEER INFORMATION (Parents or students 13yrs & older)