For Youth Bike Programs, Camps & Events with Break the Norm Leadership-WeEndure Youth Bike Team:
1. Release of Liability. I, the undersigned parent or guardian of the child named below, in consideration of the acceptance of the child to participate in the Break the Norm LeadershipWeEndure Youth Bike Team (collectively “BTNL”) youth bike program/camp/event, agree to RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND INDEMNIFY BTNL, its sponsors, including owners of the event facilities in which this event is held, directors, officers, agents, members, employees, volunteers and any others acting on behalf of BTNL (hereinafter referred to as RELEASEES) FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS
BICYCLE EVENT, INCLUDING INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF ANY PARTY.
2. Assumption of Risk. I understand that there are certain risks associated with bicycle riding, including the risk of property damage and serious personal injury or death. I VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH that may be sustained by the child as a result of participation in the program WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES.
3. Indemnity against Loss. I further AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES from any loss, liability, damage, or costs, including court costs and attorney’s fees that they may incur due to the child’s participation in this program/camp/event WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES.
4. Consent for Medical Treatment. I warrant that the child is physically fit enough and sufficiently competent with cycling to participate in this program, camp or event, and that BTNL does not maintain any insurance policy covering any circumstance arising from the child’s participation in this
program/camp/event. I authorize medical treatment for the child and agree to be responsible for all medical expenses incurred as a result of the child’s participation.
5. Helmet Requirement. I understand that wearing a helmet that meets BTNL bicycle safety standards, can minimize head injuries that may occur in a cycling accident and that BTNL requires all riders to wear helmets. I agree that the child will wear a helmet at all times while participating in this program, camp or event. It is my sole responsibility to ensure that my child’s helmet meets BTNL standards.
6. Permission to photograph or video. I give permission for BTNL to use my child’s image in any future club material should it appear in photos or videos taken during this event. Any legal action that may arise from my child’s (or minor’s) participation in this event with be handled in the State of Oregon according to Oregon State law.
ENTERING MY NAME IN THE WEBFORM GUARANTEES THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT.