RELEASE, WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE COMPLETED BY, OR FOR, EACH PARTICIPANT.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY IT IS AGREED AS FOLLOWS:
1. It is the purpose of this agreement to exempt, waive and relieve from liability for personal injury, property damage, and wrongful death, if caused by negligence, including the negligence, if any, of La Jolla Ice Town, Inc., dba UTC Ice (“UTC Ice”), event hosts, other participants, coaches, officials, sponsors, advertisers, and each of them, their officers, directors, agents and employees (“Releasees”).
2. For and in consideration of the undersigned’s being allowed to participate in sporting activities at UTC Ice, including, but not limited to, ice hockey, broom ball, figure skating, speed skating, skate dancing and any other sporting activity which participant may participate in while on UTC Ice premises (hereinafter ref erred to as “ice rink activities”), participant (and the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of participant, if applicable) waive, release Releasees and relinquish any and all claims for liability and cause(s) of action, including for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death occurring to participant, arising out of participation in UTC ICE events, ice rink activities (whether team or individual) and any other sporting activity incidental thereto, whenever or however they occur and for such period said activities may continue, and by this agreement any such claims, rights, and causes of action that participant (and participant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if applicable) may have are hereby waived, released and relinquished, and participant (and parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) does(do) so on behalf of my/our and participant’s heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.
3. Participant (and participant’s parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) acknowledge, understand and assume all risks relating to ice hockey and any member team activities, and understand that Ice rink activities involve risks to participant’s person including bodily injury, partial or total disability, paralysis and death, and damages which may arise therefrom and that I/we have full knowledge of said risks. These risks and dangers may be caused by the negligence of the participant or the negligence of others, including the “releasees” identified below. These risks and dangers include, but are not limited to, those arising from participating with bigger, faster and stronger participants, and these risks and dangers will increase if participant participates in Ice rink activities in an age group above that which participant would normally participate in. I/We further acknowledge that there may be risks and dangers not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time. Participant (and participant’s parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) acknowledge, understand and agree that all of the risks and dangers described throughout this agreement, including those caused by the negligence of participant and/or others, are included within the waiver, release and relinquishment described in the preceding paragraph.
4. Participant (and participant’s parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) acknowledge, understand and assume the risks, if any, arising from the conditions and use of ice rinks and related premises and acknowledge and understand that included within the scope of this waiver and release is any cause of action (including any cause of action based on negligence) arising from the performance, or failure to perform, maintenance, inspection, supervision or control of said areas and for the failure to warn of dangerous conditions existing at said rinks, for negligent selection of certain releasees, or negligent supervision or instruction by releasees.
5. If the law in any controlling jurisdiction renders any part of this agreement unenforceable, the remainder of this agreement shall nevertheless remain enforceable to the full extent, if any, allowed by controlling law. This agreement affects your legal rights, and you may wish to consult an attorney concerning this agreement.
6. Participant (and participant’s parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) agree if any claim for participant’s personal injury or wrongful death is commenced against releasees, he/she shall defend, indemnify and save harmless releasees from any and all claims or causes of action by whomever or wherever made or presented for participant’s personal injuries, property damage or wrongful death.
7. Participant (and participant’s parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) acknowledge that they have been provided and have read the above par agraphs and have not relied upon any representations of releasees, that they are fully advised of the potential dangers of ice hockey and understand these waivers and releases are necessary to allow Ice rink activities to exist in their present form.
8. Participant is responsible for notifying UTC Ice of any billing errors within 60 days of the day you receive the bill or you will waive any right to (in other words, you will not be eligible to receive) a refund or credit. All players of Golden West Adult Hockey Association agree to abide by the following rules:
a. I will have a current USA Hockey Registration at all times.
b. I will play by the rules of the game and in spirit of the game.
c. I will respect my opponents.
d. I will respect the officials and their decisions.
e. I will maintain self-control at all times.
f. I will respect and acknowledge all good play-those of my teammates and my opponents.
g. I understand that as a player I am responsible for my actions and agree to serve the consequences of those actions.
h. I agree to serve a game suspension for any and all game misconducts issued by the referee(s)