Please read the following carefully and completely.
Pool Closing Service Terms
As part of a Sparkle Pools' Closing Service, we agree to remove any and all summer fittings, install winter fittings, install your winter safety cover or tarp, blow out all underground plumbing lines, add antifreeze*, and winterize your pump/filter equipment.
Our Service Crews may be required to make minor repairs to your equipment in order to properly complete your pool closing. These repairs will be made (up to $25.00) without additional authorization from the customer.
*Service Crews will use the appropriate amount of antifreeze for your plumbing. The amount of antifreeze used can vary from year to year and from pool to pool. Sparkle Pools includes up to three gallons of antifreeze in the cost of your pool closing. Any additional antifreeze will be billed accordingly with no additional authorization from the customer. Sparkle Pools requires all antifreeze used during the pool closing to be provided and billed accordingly. If you choose to provide your own antifreeze, no guarantee can be made on the underground plumbing lines or pump/filter equipment.
It is your responsibility as the homeowner to have the following completed prior to our arrival:
- Ensure proper access to the pool is available.
- Ensure power to the pool equipment is on, and a power outlet or extension cord is available.
- If applicable, drain your pool to 1" below the bottom of the skimmer. If you are not sure whether or not to drain your pool, please contact a store associate.
- Ensure the pool is cleaned and balanced to the best of your ability. Sparkle Pools offers no cleaning or chemical balancing as part of the pool closing.
- If your pump has a timer, it is your responsibility to ensure this timer is disengaged for the winter.
- If you wish to have closing chemicals added at the time of your pool closing, please have those chemicals poolside for our service crews. Sparkle Pools recommends one case (four gallons) of liquid chlorine, one quart of Sparkle Pools' Algaecide 30, and one quart of Sparkle Pools' Stain & Scale Control for most pools.
- Sparkle Pools guarantees no specific date or time of arrival. Appointment dates and times can change without notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Payment must be made when scheduling service. No exceptions.
- Any parts that are required for the pool closing that are not on site will be provided and billed accordingly.
- Sparkle Pools is not responsible for the condition of your water. Many factors can influence the condition of your pool water throughout the summer and winter seasons.
- Addtional trips required to complete your pool closing service due to unpreparedness will be billed accordingly.
- Sparkle Pools' is not responsible for damage to winter covers or liners due to an inadequate water level in the pool.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the weather in our area, Sparkle Pools is unable to make any guarantee on the underground plumbing lines if your pool is closed on or after October 1st. To help prevent any damage prior to your closing appoinment, it is recommended that you turn off any automation systems or timers that may turn off your system, and let your pump run 24/7.