It is understood that:
1. This is a project to provide a referral to those who meet the Federal Poverty Guidelines and have a civil legal problem in a qualifying area. This is not a law firm, but a referral service.
2. If you meet program guidelines, you may be referred to a volunteer attorney who may handle your case for free. I understand and agree that I am responsible for all costs incurred or involved with my case, such as depositions, expert witnesses, translators, court reporters, long distance phone calls, parking, etc. In certain circumstances, limited funds may be available to reimburse the pro bono attorney certain costs.
3. The project does not guarantee a referral and cannot accept all cases. The project does not accept criminal, traffic or small claims cases, cases where you are suing someone for money or other civil cases if the project does not have an attorney available. If your case needs attention within 21 days of intake, the project will not be able to take your case. The project is unable to accept emergency cases.
4. If you misrepresent your income or nature of your case you may be rejected by the referral attorney and subject to a fine. If your economic circumstances change at any time you must notify the attorney and the project immediately.
5. You are responsible for handling your case and protecting your legal rights until or unless a volunteer attorney from the project accepts your case and responsibility for it. The project does not represent you and takes no responsibility for your case.
6. The opposing party in your case may be referred to a pro bono attorney by this program.
I have read the above and understand it.