Please read the following carefully and completely.
Pool Opening Terms of Service
As part of a Sparkle Pools' Opening Service, we agree to remove any and all winter fittings, install summer fittings, remove your winter safety cover or tarp, install your handrail(s) and/or diving board that was removed for closing, and start your pump/filter equipment.
Sparkle Pools will provide light cleaning of the winter cover once removed. Sparkle Pools is unable to guarantee that your winter cover will be pristine after your opening service. It is recommended that your pool cover stay flat in an area with little to no shade for a few hours on each side to dry before storage.
Our Service Crews may be required to make minor repairs to your equipment in order to properly complete your pool opening. These repairs will be made (up to $25.00) without additional authorization from the customer.
It is your responsibility as the homeowner to have the following completed prior to our arrival:
- Ensure proper access to the pool is available.
- Ensure power to the pool equipment is on, and a power outlet or extension cord is available.
- If applicable, ensure the water level in the pool is raised to the middle of the skimmer.
- If your pump has a timer, it is your responsibility to ensure this timer is restarted for the season after your pool is open.
- Ensure any excess leaves are removed from your winter cover, and the water is pumped off. Any water or leaves remaining on the winter cover will end up in the pool.
- If you wish to have opening chemicals added at the time of your pool opening, please have those chemicals poolside for our service crews. Sparkle Pools recommends one case (four gallons) of liquid chlorine, one quart of Sparkle Pools' Algaecide 30, and one quart of Sparkle Pools' Stain & Scale Control for most pools.
- Sparkle Pools guarantees no specific date or time of arrival. Appointment dates and times can change without notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Payment must be made when scheduling service. No exceptions.
- Any parts that are required for the pool opening that are not on site will be provided and billed accordingly.
- Sparkle Pools is not responsible for the condition of your water. Many factors can influence the condition of your pool water throughout the summer and winter seasons.
- Sparkle Pools will not clean or balance the pool water as part of the opening service.
- Addtional trips required to complete your pool opening service due to unpreparedness will be billed accordingly.