Please complete the form below to join the alliance.
Letter of Agreement
1. I shall communicate the results of all examinations to the health care professionals involved in the care of every diabetic patient, with emphasis on the diabetic patient’s primary care physician. Other reports may be generated for referring ophthalmologists, internists, diabetologists, and endocrinologists as appropriate.
2. I shall provide expedient scheduling to every diabetic patient, with every effort made to schedule the patient within 1 week, or at the time interval of the physician requesting the consult.
3. I shall provide consistent reporting to third party payers for every diabetic patient.
4. I shall ensure proper billing and coding for all diabetic patients, including billing the patient’s medical insurance for medical exams when available.
5. I shall embrace the alliance with other diabetic care providers, including podiatry, dentistry and pharmacy.
6. I shall follow the optometric practice standards set forth in the Pennsylvania Diabetes Primer, which includes the Clinical Practice Guidelines.