State/National Candidate Talent Music Reservation Form
You do not reserve your talent for state however you must for National. At MAO it is first come first serve. The National Packet Chair will prepare the national forms from your State Forms. The following is for your information only. This wording is direct from the National Paperwork.
"We send immediately following the State Competition Crowing, along with the appropriate music license printout as described in the BMI/ASCAP/SESAC/GMR Instructions that can be uploaded directly below. CLICK HERE: 2020 BMI-ASCAP-SESAC SEARCH INSTRUCTIONS - MAO to open in a new tab or download the BMI/ASCAP/SESAC/GMR instructions.
Guidelines for the 2020 Talent Music Reservation FormF0 D4
1) This form is required to reserve the national candidate's talent music selection. For more detailed information, please click on the link below to review the full production requirements and guidelines.
2) You will be notified within 48 hours if the music selection you are requesting is available or if it has already been reserved by another candidate. MAO cannot reserve more than one selection per candidate and cannot place selections on hold.
3) The original master recording is permitted for use without any alteration. Because alterations are not permitted to the master recording, karaoke versions are acceptable. However, a karaoke version cannot include mash-ups or any portion of an original master CD. Mash-ups, modified tracks with additional instruments or vocals from, or added to the original master CD are not permitted.
4) Once you receive confirmation from the national office that your music selection is available, you can begin the recording of your accompaniment music, which will be submitted electronically. Instructions are included on the "Detailed Talent Music Form" submitted once you have received approval to use your music selection.
5) The Arkansas Titleholder "Detailed Talent Information Form" is due two (2) weeks immediately after you receive the notification that your talent music is approved. This form incudes additional details on your talent performance and is submitted along with your electronic music file and "Track Release Agreement."
6) In the event you consider changing your music after the due date, please notify your state ED for authorization.