day 1: friday
evening: as a group
day 2: saturday
morning: as a group
afternoon: on your own
day 3: sunday
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
where is it located?
• this A-GAP weekend experience will be at the st. francis inn in st. augustine, florida. click this link to view the FREE amenities that come with your stay.
what is the cost?
• the early bird rate for this experience is $350 per couple who registers BEFORE october 15th. after october 15th the cost will go up to $400 per couple.
• this fee helps cover the cost of food and housing. A-GAP does not make any money through this fee. we are a non-profit organization founded & supported by Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice Company.
who is this A-GAP experience for?
• this event is specifically designed for couples of all ages. if you would like to partner with A-GAP & create a weekend designed specifically for your group please email us at email@example.com we would love to work with you!
what are the sessions?
• our sessions facilitate discussion on how technology has impacted our lives both professionally & personally. we will share why we need healthy technology habits & how to implement them in order to live with clarity, unity & simplicity.
who is speaking?
• Dr. Gary & Sue Stratton will be joining us as guest speakers for this A-GAP experience. They will share about how to foster authentic relationships in a sometimes shallow & broad culture, as well as how to connect deeper with your spouse.
• Dr. Gary Stratton is the Dean of the School of Arts & Sciences at Johnson University in TN & FL. His lifelong passion to foster global spiritual awakening & society-wide cultural engagement has propelled him to an unusual career of developing leaders from Hollywood to the ivy league. He has served as a board member, vice-president, dean, director & professor at 10 universities. Gary has also led 2 Hollywood-based nonprofits devoted to training & supporting Christians in mainstream film & TV. Lastly, Gary is the editor of an award-winning website called: TwoHandedWarriors.com, which has led him to be the author/contributor to numerous publications.
• Susan Stratton is lecturer in Old Testament and Spiritual Formation at Johnson University. She holds an M.A. in Old Testament from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and is completing a D.Min. in Spiritual Formation and Leadership at Portland Seminary. She has served together as a missionary, church planter, campus minister, and professor in a variety of settings.
• Our Executive Director, Bethany Baker will give practical ways to implement healthy technology habits that allow our professional & personal lives to thrive.
what is engaging in community?
• sharing in fellowship with peers, fostering authentic & intimate relationships free from the constant distractions that technology brings.
what is exploring creation?
•getting out in nature, enjoying the breeze on our face, the water splashing our skin & the grass beneath our feet. saturday afternoon will be free time to explore saint augustine on your own however you choose!
what is enhancing creativity?
• we will have different elements such as water coloring and caligraphy encouraging you to expand your creative outlets.
what is executing change?
• identifying your “why” behind implementing healthy technology habits in order to improve your relationships. this will expand your potential for living with clarity, unity & simplicity.
what is the faith gathering?
• the faith gathering is an optional Christ-focused opportunity for participants to dive deeper into what it means to still our hearts to hear the Whisper of the GOD of the Bible in a culture driven by noise & distraction.
for more questions please visit our FAQ page on our website.
please check the weather forecast, to assure you have comfortable clothes fit for the weather.
items to leave at home:
*as a reminder, we will be collecting all phones at the start of the weekend & will return them to you at your time of departure. we do this to eliminate any distractions.
EMERGENCY NUMBER: (772) 359-7901
*please note: payments are non-refundable within a month of the A-GAP experience*