Day 1: Friday
Day 2: Saturday
Day 3: Sunday
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where is it located?
• This A-GAP weekend experience will be at Lake Aurora Christian Camp in Lake Wales, FL. We will be staying in cabins with bunk beds, taking it back to summer camp as a kid! Cabins will be divided male & female.
**Please arrive by 7pm. if arriving, late please let us know.
What is the cost?
• This particular experience will be $100 per person to help cover the cost of food, housing, activities, guest speakers & A-GAP SWAG for you to take home. A-GAP is a non-profit organization founded & supported by Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice Company.
Who is this A-GAP experience for?
• This event is specifically designed for young adults (18-39). If you would like to partner with A-GAP & create a weekend designed specifically for your group please email us at email@example.com we would love to work with you!
Who is speaking?
• Our executive director, Bethany Baker will share how we can foster authentic relationship and practice the sabbath on a regular basis. We will also have a guest speaker, Christina Crook, give practical ways to implement healthy technology habits in order to be more intentional with our lives & relationships.
• Christina Crook is an award winning author who is a leading voice on technology and human flourishing. Her writings have appeared in The New York Times, Psychology Today and Glamor Brasil. Christina hosts the JOMOcast podcast which features founders, creators and thought leaders embracing the joy of missing out to thrive in a rapidly-changing world.
What is engaging in community?
• Sharing in fellowship with peers, fostering authentic & intimate relationships free from the constant distractions that technology brings. →If you play an instrument feel free to bring it this weekend & share your music with others.
What is exploring creation?
• Getting out in nature, enjoying the breeze on our face, the water splashing our skin & the grass beneath our feet. There will be paddleboats, basketball, sand volleyball, disc golf, rock climbing & zip lining.
What is enhancing creativity?
• We will have different elements encouraging you to expand your creative outlets. This will include calligraphy, water coloring, tie dye, making sugar scrub & wood burning coasters.
What is executing change?
• Identifying your “why” behind implementing healthy technology habits in order to improve your relationships. This will expand your potential for living with clarity, unity & simplicity.
What is the faith gathering?
• The faith gathering is an optional Christ-focused opportunity for participants to dive deeper into what it means to still our hearts to hear the Whisper of the GOD of the Bible in a culture driven by noise & distraction.
For more questions please visit our FAQ page on our website.
Please check the weather forecast, to assure you have comfortable clothes fit for the weather.
Items to leave at home:
*As a reminder, we will be collecting all phones at the start of the weekend & will return them to you at your time of departure. We do this to eliminate any distractions.
EMERGENCY NUMBER: (772) 359-7901
*Please note: PAyments are non-refundable within 2 weeks of the A-GAP experience*