Please print for reference
Food Permits: For-profit food vendors must have their food service permits from Porter County Health Department prior to the festival. Vendors that fail to do so will not be allowed to participate.
Health Department phone # 219-465-3525
Certificate of Insurance: All vendors must provide a Certificate of Insurance naming Duneland Chamber of Commerce as "Additional Insured,” when sending in their application.
Set-up: Set-up begins at 7:00 am. Booth locations will be provided the Wednesday before. Staff will be on site to direct vendors the morning of the event. Space will be reserved on Broadway near the fountain for vendors to unload. This is an outdoor event – tents and/or canopies and weights are required.
Trash: Booth areas MUST be kept neat and clean. All packing boxes, supplies and personal food containers must be hidden from public view. Exhibitor area must be left neat and clean at Festival closing. Trash should be transported to the trash bins located behind the Chamber building. Charcoal, grease, waste water, etc, must be taken away by the vendor and not dumped anywhere in the park, down the sewers, or in the dumpster.
Parking: Vendors are expected to move their vehicles from the streets immediately surrounding the park in order to accommodate patrons. NOTE: NO DRIVING OR PARKING IN THOMAS PARK.
Information regarding Fire Codes for Tents & Canopies
• Tents & canopies where open or exposed flame equipment is used for cooking shall be separated from other structures, buildings, parked vehicles or internal combustion engines by a minimum distance of 10 feet.
• Outdoor cooking that produces sparks shall not be performed within 10 feet of other structures.
• Portable LP-gas containers of 500 gallons or less capacity shall have a minimum separation between the containers and any fuel-operated devise, including, without limitation, LP-gas, gasoline, electric, wood, coal, charcoal-fuel operated devise, of not less than 10 feet, but in no event shall the container be located within or under the tent or canopy.
• You shall provide your own portable fire extinguisher is required
• Cooking & heating equipment shall not be located within 10 feet of exits or combustible materials.
• LP-gas containers shall be located outside. Safety release valves shall be pointed away from the tent, canopy or structure.
• Portable LP-gas containers, piping, valves & fittings which are located outside & are being used to fuel equipment inside a tent, canopy or structure shall be adequately protected to prevent tampering, damage by vehicles or other hazards & shall be located in an approved location. Portable LP-gas containers must be securely fastened in place to prevent unauthorized movement.
• No flammable liquid fueled equipment is allowed.
• Refueling shall be performed in an approved location.
• Generators & other internal combustion power sources shall be separated from tents, canopies or membrane structures by a minimum of 20 feet & shall be isolated from contact with public by fencing, enclosure or other approved means.
Fire Chief to inspect day of, must be in compliance, or will be asked to leave, forfeiting any vendor fee.
Liability Statement: In consideration for being an exhibitor & being fully advised of the premises, I agree to hold harmless the Town of Chesterton, it’s boards, departments, employees, Duneland Chamber of Commerce, its directors, employees, & members from any responsibility for loss or damage to any of my personal property regardless how the damage occurred. I also agree to hold harmless & indemnify the aforementioned entities from a personal injury that I or people assisting me in my exhibit might incur or that might be caused to others by virtue of my exhibit. I fully understand that there is no insurance coverage being provided by the Town of Chesterton or Duneland Chamber of Commerce for my exhibit. I acknowledge & represent that I have all required insurance to protect my personal property & to provide liability for personal injury or damage to property that might be sustained by me or anyone else as a result of the exhibits at this event.