To be a truck driver for Logistics Warehouse, Inc., you must meet the following requirements:
1. To operate and maintain trucks according to the 49 C.F.R. (Commercial Federal Regulations), contained in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Handbook.
2. To be D.O.T. (Department of Transportation) qualified to operate a commercial vehicle in all 48 states.
3. To follow all rules and regulations of D.O.T. and Logistics Warehouse, Inc., as stated in company handbook.
4. To be at least 23 years of age, as required by Logistics Warehouse, Inc.’s insurance company.
5. Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquires, and to make entries on reports and records.
6. Can, by reason of experience, training, (or both) safely operate the type of motor vehicle he/she drives.
7. Is physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle in accordance with Section 391.41 in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Handbook.
8. Is physically able to load and unload trailer, either individually or with assistance of dock workers, with or without mechanical freight-handling equipment as required by Logistics Warehouse, Inc.
9. Has a current valid commercial motor vehicle operator’s license issued only from one state or jurisdiction.
10. Has prepared and furnished Logistics Warehouse, Inc. with the list of violations or the certificate as required by Sec. 391.27.
11. Has successfully completed a driver’s road test and has been issued a certificate of driver’s road test in accordance with Sec. 391.31.
12. Be able to report for dispatch at the time specified and maintain contact with dispatch offices as required.
13. Is familiar with methods and procedures for securing cargo in or on the motor vehicle he/she drives.
14. Inspect truck and trailer(s) for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit a written report on the conditions of the truck and trailer(s) at the end of each trip or tour of duty.
15. Ensure that all shipping documents (ie: manifest, security seal, bills of lading, shipping orders, or freight bills, etc.) required to move with shipments are available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
16. Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations, including drivers’ logs, fuel purchases, mileage, and other records required by law.
17. Report all accidents involving driver or company equipment to the Safety Manager.
18. Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions, or other emergencies relating to pickup or delivery of cargo.
19. Must be able to hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel release lever, operate trailer axle slide release lever, open and close cargo doors, climb into and out of vehicles (includes trucks, truck tractors, full trailers, semitrailers) fuel vehicles and check engine oil and coolant levels.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE JOB DESCRIPTION AND CERTIFY THAT I AM ABLE TO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION.