Ceremonies open vortexes of energy and create a way to bring together the elemental and spiritual worlds so that we may receive healing. The ceremonial guidelines offer us a way to be responsible for our participation as we move within these energies.
1. The spiritual leaders have been trained in how to hold these ceremonies, and we must trust their guidance. It is very important to listen and follow their instructions at all times.
2. The ceremony begins the moment you decide to attend. We invite you to treat each action as an offering to Spirit as you move through your process.
3. Be on time. Do not make the Elders wait. Everyone serves the group by being attentive and focusing their energies so that things move in a sacred rhythm. It is important to follow the flow that is set by the Medicine People.
4. When we enter the circle of the sacred Grandfather Fire and the altar, we are in the heart of the ceremony. We ask you to treat these spaces as holy and do not put anything into the sacred fire or on the altar unless you have been given instruction or permission. It is always important to pay attention to how you interact with these spaces.
5. Once the ceremony begins, it is important to maintain the circle and prayer strong around the sacred Grandfather fire until the ceremony is complete, unless you have been given permission to leave the circle.
6. When requests are made during ceremony, respond with beauty and love.
7. We ask that you maintain a Sacred Space by being respectful of others, listening, and waiting for your turn to speak. When finished speaking, please remember to say "Aho" or indicate your completion so others may have their turn. Keep what others share about their personal affairs confidential and be aware of the impact your words and actions have on others.
8. We wish to honour and respect our Elders. Around the sacred fire or meals, be attentive to their needs and offer food to them first. Consider offering your chair, shade, water, or preparing a plate for them- whatever you can do to make them more comfortable.
9. Please take care of yourself and be responsible for your own well-being. If you have special needs, please let us know. Do not do anything that puts your emotional, physical or spiritual well-being at risk. If you need assistance, the ceremonial support team is here for you.
10. Please let us know in advance if you are not able to hold these guidelines. In general, it is always good to ask questions if you are not sure about something. We are available to help in any way we can.
Matiox Chawe/Thank you for choosing to participate in the ceremonies around the Sacred Grandfather Fire, and for your willingness to come and learn more of the wisdom of the Ancient Ones!