1. The consignor receives a set commission percentage based on each item presented for sale. The consignor will receive a minimum commission rate of 50% of the actual selling price.
2. All merchandise is accepted for a consignment period of 60 days with guarantee of a minimum of 45 days on the selling floor.
3. NSE reserves the right to be selective when accepting merchandise.
4. All items are thoroughly inspected and consigned based on inventory needs.
5. NSE sets pricing and reserves the right to promote and offer markdowns at our discretion.
6. We mark down fashion and home accessories 25% after 30 days on the selling floor and another 25% after 60 days in our inventory. Furniture is marked down 25% after 30 days on the selling floor. After 60 days, unless the consignor notifies NSE to request a pick up of merchandise, all product becomes a donation and property of NSE.
7. All merchandise must be presented in saleable condition. If not, the consignor will face a fee to clean, refurbish or repair all product not meeting our sales floor standards.
8. All items must be previewed by our fashion and home teams, and must be in excellent condition.
1. All clothing and fashion must be clean and in excellent condition.
2. All upholstery and rugs should be clean and free of stains and spots.
3. All crystal and silver must be clean and polished.
4. Wooden pieces should only show minor wear and tear.
5. NSE will not accept glass-top tables.
6. NSE will not accept any furniture or home accessories in store without prior approval.
9. Items that do not meet our $25 minimum retail price or are otherwise unacceptable will automatically be donated and will not be returned.
10. Payment for sold items will be sent to consignors within 45 days of the sale. A processing fee will be deducted for each check issued.
11. After 60 days, unless donating your items to NSE, all items need to be picked up by the date clearly marked on your item list. NSE will not call to remind you of pick-up dates. After that, all unsold items will become the property of NSE. The consignor may request a donation letter for tax purposes.
12. Prior to picking up your unsold items, please call the respective store where you initially consigned your items to schedule a pick-up time. This will allow NSE to gather your unsold items and have them ready for pick up.
13. The consignor may retrieve any items from the selling floor prior to the pick-up date. Due to handling costs, early retrieval of furniture items may be subject to a consignment return fee.
14. The consignor acknowledges that he/she is consigning all items at his/her own risk and NSE cannot be responsible for any loss due to breakage, fire, theft or unforeseen cause. NSE does not, nor is responsible for insuring the consigned goods, regardless of negligence. AND CONSIGNOR HAS THE OBLIGATION TO INSURE ALL CONSIGNED ITEMS FOR ALL RISKS. CONSIGNOR WAIVES ANY CLAIMS AGAINST NSE FOR ANY LOSS UNDER ALL SITUATIONS.