Autism Support & Resource Center (ASRC)
WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK,
INDEMNITY AGREEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY USE AGREEMENT
In consideration of being permitted to participate in Autism Support & Resource Center (ASRC) activities in any capacity, I, for myself and for my heirs, next of kin, assigns and personal representatives:
1. Understand that my execution of this Waiver, Release of Liability, Acknowledgement of Risk, Indemnity Agreement and Technology Use Agreement (the “Agreement”) is a prerequisite for my participation and/or the participation of my child(ren) or ward of whom I am the parent or guardian (“my child”), in the Event.
2. Understand that I am solely responsible for the health and safety of myself and/or my child, and represent that I and/or my child is in good health and physically capable of participating in this Event. If at any time during my and/or my child’s participation in the Event I feel like my and/or my child’s physical condition no longer allows me and/or my child to participate or I believe the Event becomes unsafe, I will immediately stop my and/or my child’s participation. I will abide by all Event rules and will be responsible for ensuring that my child will do so.
3. Acknowledge and understand fully that there are risks and dangers of serious bodily injury and death that could result from my and/or my child’s participation in the Event. I understand that in order to be allowed to participate in the Event, I agree to fully accept and assume all risks and all responsibility for any injury, losses and damages to person or property that I and/or my child may incur as a result of my and/or my child’s participation in the Event.
4. Hereby agree to release and hold harmless the ASRC, the owner or possessor of the venue, and their past and present affiliates, assigns, successors in interest, agents, servants, employees, volunteers, participants, officers, directors and sponsors, and all government and public entities including, but not limited to, the State, County and local municipalities where the Event takes place (collectively the “Released Parties”).
5. Understand and agree that this release will have the effect of releasing, discharging, waiving, and forever relinquishing any and all actions or causes of action that I and/or my child may have, whether past, present or future, whether known or unknown, arising from, resulting from, or in connection to the Event. This release constitutes a complete release, discharge and waiver of any and all actions or causes of action that I and/or my child may have against the Released Parties, including but not limited to any claims for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death and including but not limited to any injuries resulting from negligent actions or omissions.
6. Irrevocably authorize the ASRC to use my and/or my child’s recorded voice, image and likeness in any medium including, without limitation, video, photograph, film, tape, and digital medium, for any lawful purpose. I understand that neither I nor my child will receive any compensation for the use of my and/or my child’s recorded voice, image and likeness in promotional materials and waive rights to any compensation now or in the future.
7. Technology Use. ASRC offers access to its technology resources, including the Internet, intranet and other network systems (“Access”) under the following terms and conditions:
a. I and/or my child will restrict use of ASRC’s Access only to purposes that are reasonably related to the Event. I will not use Access for any illegal or immoral purpose. In this regard, I will not use access in any manner that would constitute computer hacking, violation of copyright laws (including installing or copying unlicensed software), violation of trade secrets or licenses, or invasion of another’s privacy.
b. I and/or my child will not allow an individual to access the computer system through my account. Attempts by any Event participant to log in to another participant’s account will result in termination of the account. I and/or my child will immediately notify the system administrator if my password is lost or stolen, or I have reason to believe that someone has obtained unauthorized access to my account.
c. I and/or my child will not use Access for private commercial purposes or for personal financial gain.
d. I and/or my child will not use Access to view, copy, send or print material that is obscene, pornographic or with a dominant appeal of sexual arousal. Nor will I and/or my child use Access to access, send or print material that advocates hate or violence against others based on their race, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability or sexual preference. Nor will I and/or my child use Access to access, send, or print material that provides information that could be used in the production of destructive devices such as bombs, explosives or fireworks.
e. I and/or my child shall also refrain from using abusive or profane language in either public or private messages sent via Access; from using the system to harass, insult or attack others; from posting anonymous messages on the system; from using encryption or other password software to lock a system without permission; from vandalizing the data of another user; from gaining unauthorized access to resources or files; from identifying myself with another person’s name or password or using an account or password of another without proper authorization; from theft or vandalism of data, equipment or intellectual property; from intentionally introducing a virus or otherwise improperly tampering with the system; from degrading or disrupting equipment or system performance; or from using access to invade the privacy of another user.
8. Have carefully read this Agreement and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and I sign of my own free will. I intend this to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by the law, even though that liability may arise from the negligence or carelessness of the Released Parties listed above, and I agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid, the remaining portion of the agreement shall continue to be in full force and effect.