The Tennessee Concrete Association sponsors an annual High School Essay Contest for Tennessee and students are invited to participate.
All entries into the essay contest will be judged by a panel of industry personnel and will be awarded cash prizes to first, second & third place essays.
First place ($750)
The TCA contest winners will have their essays published in the spring edition of Tennessee Concrete magazine in addition to the cash prizes.
Guidance Counselors of winning essays will also receive a cash award of $75.
Essay Contest Rules:
- Open to all Tennessee high school students ages 16-18 at the beginning of the school term.
- Essay must be typed, double-spaced and not exceed 600 words.
- Essay must have a header containing the students name and title of the essay.
- Complete this online form to submit essay.
- Essays will be judged on content and writing ability (grammar, style, clarity, etc.).
- Essay should be a short literary composition on the subject of concrete and not a report.
- Essays should demonstrate a student's awareness of concrete's role as a building material in homes, commercial buildings, streets, and highways. Follow the given prompt below.
Essay Prompt: How have you or your community been shaped by concrete?
Essay must be submitted by: December 22, 2023
Winning essay authors will be asked to submit a head shot photo.
Tennessee Concrete Association reserves the right to publish the winning entries in whole or in part. All entries become the property of Tennessee Concrete Association.