The purpose of the Associated Students of the University of Hawai´i – West O´ahu (ASUHWO) shall be to provide democratic representation for the students of the University of Hawai´i – West O´ahu and to promote student participation in education, cultural, and social and community activities, with emphasis on focused student advocacy.
All candidates must be an enrolled student of the University of Hawai´i – West O´ahu and for at least six (6) credit hours on campus. This credit status must be maintained throughout the term of office. Candidates must have an institutional GPA of at least a 2.5 for Senate positions or 3.0 for Executive Board and Caucus Delegate positions.
• Freshmen Class Senator
• Sophomore Class Senator
• Junior Class Senator
• Senior Class Senator
• Public Administration Senator
• Humanities Senator
• Education Senator
• Math and Science Senator
• Palamanui Distance Education Liaison
• Maui Distance Education Liaison
• Kaua'i Distance Education Liaison
For description of positions, review Constitution and By-laws via the ASUHWO website:
https://www.asuhwo.com/founding-documents.html (copy and paste into new window browser)
• Constitution: Review Article IV. Senate
• By-laws: Review Article II: Senate Officers, Members and Duties
Mandatory Candidate Orientation Briefing
All candidates must attend ONE of the Candidate Orientation Briefings scheduled on:
• Tuesday, September 24 at 12:30pm, 2:00pm, 3:30pm, 5:00pm (at Student Life Center and Online via Zoom)
• Wednesday, September 25 at 11:00am, 12:30pm (at Student Life Center and Online via Zoom)
If you are unable to attend the briefing, contact Director of Student Life, Rouel Velasco (firstname.lastname@example.org), prior to the meeting dates to make alternate arrangements. Failure to attend will result in disqualification.
Elections Calendar Timeline
• Deadline to submit application | Fri, Sept 20
• Mandatory Candidate Orientation Sessions | Tues, Sept 24 and Wed, Sept 25
• Public Listing of Candidates | Thur, Sept 26
• Campaigning Period | Fri, Sept 27 - Fri, Oct 11
• Online Elections Period | Mon Oct 14 - Thur, Oct 17
• Unofficial Results Published | Mon, Oct 21
• Electionsʻ Results Ratification at Senate Meeting | Week of Oct 21 or following week
Last Day to complete ASUHWO Senate Fall Special Election Online Form is Friday, September 20, 2019 by 11:59pm.