Call for ARTISTS
Fall/Winter 2019/2020 Warkworth Library
What? Biannual Art Exhibit at the Warkworth Public Library in Warkworth
Submission deadline: Sat., Sep. 21, 2019
Exhibit Duration: Sat., Sept. 28, 2019 – Sat., Mar. 28, 2020
The Warkworth Public Library
The library exhibits above the bookshelves in the main room. Therefore, works are limited to a maximum HEIGHT of 24”. There is no restriction on width. New: weight restriction of 8 lbs. or less.
1. Ideally, between 12 to 15 artists in painting, photography, mixed media, drawing and textiles will be represented in the exhibit. Each artist would submit a maximum of 2 framed artworks (or gallery wrapped canvas).
2. Space is allotted on a first come basis provided the following criteria have been met.
3. Selection: please submit a digital JPG image of the artworks you would like to display. See below.
4. Work must be original, complete, dry, appropriately framed or gallery wrapped canvases and suitably wired to hang.
5. Size: Maximum HEIGHT 24”. No restriction on width. New: weight restriction of 8 lbs. or less.
6. Insurance: each painter or photographer is responsible for insuring his/her own work.
7. Commission: if a painting or photograph sells, the painter or photographer agrees to give Spirit of the Hills a 25% commission.
8. Should a painter or photographer sell their work during the 6-month period, then the work must be replaced promptly. Replacement would have to be of a similar width as the exhibit could not be rehung to accommodate a replacement.
9. All work to be dropped off at the library at 10 a.m. on Sat., Sep. 28, 2019.
10. Artist's Agreement: please read the Agreement between Artist and Spirit of the Hills below. In place of a signature, by selecting the "I agree" button below you are indicating that you have read and accept the terms of the Artist's Agreement.
AGREEMENT BETWEEN SPIRIT OF THE HILLS AND EXHIBITING
This Agreement is between Spirit of the Hills and the exhibiting artist (hereafter referred to as the “Artist”), whose work Spirit of the Hills has arranged to exhibit at the venue(s) selected on the Registration Form(s).
This Agreement commences with delivery of the work to the venue. The Artist agrees to deliver to Spirit of the Hills the items described on the accompanying Registration Form in a condition suitable for exhibition. In some locations, it may be the responsibility of Artist working in 3-D to provide display units for his or her work.
The Artist agrees to pick up his or her unsold works at the end of the exhibition. Please notify exhibition organizers if someone else will be picking up your work.
Both parties agree that the work will be offered for sale (unless indicated as Not for Sale) at the price stipulated by the Artist. Both parties agree that upon the sale of the work Spirit of the Hills, or other specified agent, will receive the stated commission on the sale price (before taxes) of each item sold. Commission for each event is stated in the Rules of Entry document. Payment will be remitted to the Artist as soon as possible after the end of the exhibition by Spirit of the Hills or other specified agent.
Both parties agree that neither Spirit of the Hills nor the display site will be held responsible for theft, damage, or any loss of value while the items are in their possession.
The Artist’s submission of the signed Registration Form will constitute acceptance of these terms.
You may submit just a maximum of 2 framed artworks (or gallery wrapped canvases)