The AG Bell Symposium Committee welcomes your proposal! Please read the following submission requirements and instructions thoroughly before you submit your formal proposal(s). Note that there are three session types for this symposium:
1.0 hour concurrent sessions, 1.5 hour concurrent sessions, and 5-minute poster + podium presentation sessions.
1. All proposals must be submitted using this online form.
2. Complete professional biographies for all presenters. Please include your academic degree(s) and credentials as you would like them to appear in conference materials (maximum 35 words in paragraph format). You may include up to five (5) presenters per submission.
3. Identify which of the following tracks best describes your presentation:
Audiology, neuroscience, and hearing technology
Thinking, reading, playing, and interacting with others: Supporting the whole child across ages and stages
Co-working with families and/or teams
Supporting children and families experiencing developmental challenges, social challenges, and/or complex needs
Optimizing Listening and Spoken Language outcomes
Professional practice, mentoring, and innovations in service delivery
Tailoring services to children, families, and others in support of diverse languages, cultures, and environments.
4. Include the title of your presentation (maximum 7 words).
5. Include three (3) learning outcomes that will occur for attendees as a result of participating in your learning event. Use bullet points with action verbs in description (i.e., At the end of this session, participants will be able to [perform, identify, describe, explain, demonstrate.....]).
6. Provide a summary description for the symposium website and other promotional materials (maximum 50 words).
7. Provide a lengthier description of your presentation (maximum 250 words) for the review committee. Write as a course description and in a manner that will allow the proposal review committee to gain a clear understanding of your presentation and include a reference list of three (3) research citations in APA style (the evidence base) that support your presentation.
8. Instructional methods to be used in the presentation. (How will you engage and teach the audience regarding this topic?)
9. Describe the instructional level that best describes the content you will present at this session: Basic, Intermediate, or Advanced.
10. Please be sure that your proposal is completed and submitted before you leave this online form as proposal information does not save until you press the "submit" button on the last page. Incomplete submissions cannot be considered. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your submitted presentation upon submission.
11. Please use the link on the submission email you will receive once you press the "submit" button to complete speaker agreement and disclosure forms that will be needed if your presentation is selected for the final symposium program.
This concludes the instructions. Please proceed on to complete your proposal.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.