Let's talk about the candid photos! We want to show your personality, who you are and what you are all about! Read carefully. This is different than in the past.
This Information is used to prepare your "Candidate Profile" (in Arkansas the "Salute Page") in the Competition Magazine (Program Book), the telecast/production sctipt, sent to MAO and social media, media releases.
CANDIDATE PR INFO QUESTIONS:
1. Each candidate is to submit answers SHE WRITES to ALL questions.
2. Candidate is then asked to chose her favorite questions by submitting a photo to visualizes her answers to those favorite questions.
3. What you submit MAY be in the state competition magazine (program book), media publicity, press releases, etc.
4. These MAYBE submitted for the state winner to MAO.
5. Answer your questions as if you have already won the Arkansas state title.
6. MAO will use all best efforts to prioritize the use of those questions/answers/photos of Candidate's choice however reserves the right to use all answers submitted
Candidate must send a minimum of five (5) and no more than eight (8) photos. All questions should be answered however. these photos must be in color, not staged, and contain no crown or sash. No photos with visible recognition of minors (faces cannot be usable) will be accepted. However, Candidate can submit her own photos as a minor.
Upload to the state form at least 5-photos visualizing your Favorite Questions/Answers Above (min 5 / max 8)
Label each pic
w/candidate's name & Q/A #, Example: [candidate name] #11, [candidate name] #03, etc
Upload your candid photo digitally to the required state form before deadline date listed on the candidate checklist.
The JPEG format photo should be in the best quality possible for reprint preferably 300 dpi or high resolution (1200 x 1500 pixel).
Be prepared to answer completely.
Do not rush your answers.
Think about your answer.
Use complete sentences with correct grammar.
Answer as if your Miss Arkansas going to MAO.
Type complete sentences
CANDIDATE PR INFO INTRO QUESTIONS:
In 2020 the past PR information and the candid photo requests are merged in to the state forms. Your will find this form on the state forms website. Below are the questions you will answer on the state form.
Social impact Initiative Description _ Please do not use a title or name but two (2) sentences to define its purpose.
College Attending or attended
Total Cash Scholarship Awarded: List total amount of local and state cash scholarships won since you began competition in the Miss America program including 2019
1) Vocal, dance, specific instrument (piano or flute, etc) monologue, etc and
2) how long you have been performing this type of talent. i.e. piano, 4 years
Personal Social Media Handles: a Check off list is provided. The name is not requested.
THE PR INFO QUESTIONS ASKED ARE ON THE STATE FORM ARE:
1. What trip shaped your life? Please provide an answer distinct from your social impact initiative.
2. What has been your greatest adventure? Please provide an answer outside of the Miss America/Miss Arkansas Program.
3. Use three (3) words to describe your greatest assets.
4. Are you a person of intelligence or of common sense? Briefly, why did you pick that one?
5. What are your hobbies and what led you to them? Participation in the Miss America/Miss Arkansas program is not considered a hobby for this question.
6. Who is your most interesting relative and why?
7. What is the best advise you have received and from whom? Please answer this question with information from outside of the Miss America/Miss Arkansas program.
8. What is your favorite quote and by whom?
9. Who is your most influential mentor and why? Please answer this question with an individual from outside of the Miss America/Miss Arkansas program.
10. What keeps women from empowering other women?
11. Other than being Miss America/Miss Arkansas, what is your dream job?
12. What would someone close to your be surprised to learn about you?
13. What success have you learned most from? Please answer this question with an experience outside of the Miss America/Miss Arkansas program.
14. What failures have you learned most from? Please answer this questions with an experience outside of the Miss America/ Miss Arkansas program.
15. When is your sense of humor most evident?
16. What historical figure best represents who you are striving to be and why?
17. What gadget can you not live without and why?