1. No other SANTA is allowed. Santa Claus is presented by the organizing committee.
2. For safety reason, no one is allowed to throw candy to the crowd. However, walkers alongside entries may hand out candy.
3. All parade entries must be decorated for the holiday season, including company vehicles, antique cars, ATVs/4 Wheelers, and motorcycles. Business entries need to add to the entertainment value of the parade and adhere to the theme. Entries that arrive with no decorations will not be permitted to participate.
4. All drivers must hold a valid driver's license and valid/adequate insurance coverage. ATV and motorcycle drivers and riders MUST wear their helmets - rules of road apply to the parade - no wheelies, hot rodding, slowing down and then speeding up, or other inappropriate activities.
5. Minor children must be accompanied by adults.
6. Any and all music played must be family friendly. No vulgar, racial or sexual content allowed! Volume must be kept at an appropriate level (marching bands are exempt from this requirement).
7. A fire extinguisher must be on board each float/vehicle.
8. All entries must clearly display the name of organization/business.
9. Entries that include live animals must call the Chamber of Commerce for approval, 434-369-6665. Animal handlers must be prepared to clean up after their animals. All waste must be removed immediately from the staging area and from the street so others do not have to walk in or around it.
10. Non-compliance with the rules could result in removal from the parade.
11. The Parade Committee reserves the right to decline an entry for concerns related to the safety and enjoyment of the general public.