Agreement for Accreditation:
The local Area herby agrees to offer a quality Special Olympics Program to eligible individuals and agrees to adhere to all Special Olympics, Inc. and Special Olympics Louisiana, Inc. (SOLA) goals, rules, policies, and
procedures, including (but not limited to):
- Actively seeking new athletes, volunteers, supporters, and agencies to be involved with SOLA.
- Each Area Management Team must, at a minimum, consist of an Area Director, person in charge of volunteers, person in charge of sports, person in charge of fundraising and a person in charge of
- Complete “Athlete Registration” which includes includes athlete medical for all participants prior to beginning training for any sport.
- Every registered active athlete must participate in at least one (1) sport per year at any level.
- Will provide a minimum 8-week training program for all sports offered.
- Report all local Area revenue and expenditures in compliance with SOLA Centralized Accounting guidelines.
- All fundraising activities must be approved by SOLA, in writing, and prior to any Area funds being spent.
- All branding (banners, t-shirts, cups, etc.) must be approved by the SOLA Central Office prior to use.
- Area must participate in any shared expense or shared revenue opportunity organized by the SOLA Central Office.
- Local and state competition data must be placed in the Games Management System (GMS) and submitted to the SOLA Director of Sports, Training and Competition upon request.
- Each Area must adhere to all SOLA requirements and processes for coach certification; all coaches are required to complete General Orientation, Protective Behaviors Training, and Concussion Training.
- Must enter and send all entrants data, in GMS, for state-level games by the deadline provided by the SOLA Director of Sports, Training and Competition.
- Each Area Director must attend, or have an Area representative present, for all SOLA Central Office mandatory meetings/events/teleconferences/webinars.
- Submit all required accreditation documents, as stated above
For compliance with the above and after review of all information submitted as part of the accreditation process, the Local Area is permitted to use the Special Olympics name and logo to raise funds to operate programs locally. The Local Area is also entitled to attend Area, Regional, State, National, and World Games as quotas are available.