Given in recognition of exemplary service in the field of sports administration. This award reflects the achievements of a local executive board member or volunteer staff person towards the efficient operations of an association and the betterment of hockey. Recipients of this award will be selected for outstanding leadership within their own association, commitment to their organization and overall involvement in minor hockey.
• Must be nominated by a local minor hockey association
• Must be a member in good standing of their local minor hockey association
• Must be a current unpaid volunteer
• Must have been involved in their association for a minimum of seven (7) years
• Must have held a volunteer administrative position of importance for a minimum of five (5) years
• Must have held one of these positions during the current season
Submissions will be made to the OMHA Office and will be reviewed by the TD-Coaches Program; TD-Referees Program; TD-Trainers Program and Development Programs Staff and a recommendation will be forwarded to Development Committee for approval.
HOW TO APPLY
• Provide a minimum 250 word narrative illustrating why the nominee is deserving of this award.
• Provide details of volunteer contribution to the local association, minor hockey, community at large and the selection committee will evaluate term of service.
• Must be nominated by three (3) supporters, one of whom must be a current Member Association Executive.
Applications must be submitted to the OMHA by December 15th, 2019 by 5:00 pm.