The Student Employee Leadership Board (SELB) is made up of representatives from different areas within UW Recreation. We act as a voice on topics impacting the development and wellbeing of student employees, initiatives within the department, and through the broader UW Recreation Advisory Board. We work to foster a sense of community and inclusiveness within and between our individual areas. As the SELB, we are dedicated to improving the UW Recreation experience for everyone.
UW Recreation Student Employee Leadership Board was created with the following charge:
· Advise UW Recreation on student employee issues
· Advise UW Recreation on needed additions/improvements to student employee training, recognition, and work culture/environment
· Act as UW Recreation’s liaison to other student employees and the campus at-large by providing information, resources, and opportunities
· Promote and participate in employee leadership development opportunities
· Promote and organize special events to recognize student employee service and achievement
· Serve as a sounding board for forecasting the needs of student employees, particularly around Husky Experience-related issues
· Review the internal procedures of the Board and recommend changes when necessary for the efficient function of the Board.
· Meet regularly to provide feedback (meetings planned for once per month)
· Committee members will be comprised of current Recreation Dept employees