What is Beautillion?
Beautillion is a celebration of the achievement of African American young men. It is a formal presentation of a select group of high school seniors, much like Cotillion is for young women. Each Beau is chosen in recognition of his demonstrated achievement in academics, sports, the arts, community and church involvement, leadership, and his overall commitment to scholastic pursuits. All Beaux must plan to continue their formal education after high school.
Beautillion includes a Leadership Development Institute designed specifically for the participants, and culminates with a formal gala presentation and Rite of Passage ceremony. Beautillion is also a fundraiser. The proceeds fund awards for participants that meet selection criteria. In addition, a portion of the proceeds are donated to Jack & Jill’s National Foundation and local Dallas charities that support programs that enhance the lives and opportunities of children and youth.
Why Participate in Beautillion?
Participation in this powerful program will allow young men to:
• Improve leadership skills such as problem-solving and critical thinking
• Meet community and business leaders and understand their success strategies
• Learn tools for successful financial management
• Gain understanding of current social issues that can impact their future
• Earn college scholarships
• Build life-long friendships with other outstanding young men
• Saturday, March 14, 2020 at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas, TX
• Orientation and training sessions will be held from December to January
• Leadership Development Institute: January 2020. This is a required overnight event.
• Presentation rehearsals are held Saturday and Sunday afternoons from January through March.
• Beaux/Belles socials will be scheduled during the season.
• Community service activities are also scheduled during the season.
Beautillion is a fundraising event that benefits the Jack and Jill Foundation as well as provides funds for Beaux awards. To participate in the presentation, a qualifying fee of $400 is required. Each beau must raise a minimum of $1300.00 by selling advertisements and patronage for the souvenir journal or soliciting donations. Each Beau must also sell at least five (5) tickets to the event at a cost of $100 per ticket. A financial representative will be present at each Sunday rehearsal. You are encouraged to keep a copy of all documentation submitted.
In summary, each Beau is expected to remit a minimum of $2200:
$400 - Qualifying Fee
$500 - Five tickets at $100 each
$1300 - Souvenir Journal Advertisements and/or Donations
Beautillion 2020 Criteria for Nomination:
1. Male high school graduating senior
2. Good Academic Standing
3. Demonstrate outstanding leadership, responsibility, and service in school and/or
4. Possess outstanding character confirmed by two letters of reference.
5. Submit nomination form by November 01, 2019 accompanied by two letters of
reference and a recent photo (for ID purposes only). One letter of reference
must be from a teacher, counselor or school administrator.
6. Interview with leaders in the community and representatives from the Dallas Chapter of Jack and Jill of America, Inc. Date for interviews will be provided at a later date.