Here are some important things you need to do before completing this form:
1. Discuss the option of applying to the National Youth Leadership Council (NYLC) with a parent(s)/ guardian.
It is your responsibility that your parent/guardian complete the NYLC Guardian Acknowledgement form. Only one signature is needed. Please make sure that your parent/guardian goes to here and completes the form. It should take a couple of minutes.
2. Decide and talk to the person who will be completing your recommendation form. You will be asked for their email and supplied a web address where they can go to complete this process. Please advise your recommender that it is a simple online form. No prep work or letter is required. It is your responsibility to make sure that they are on top of your form. This is a mandatory step in this process.
3. Be ready to upload a photo (.jpg or .png) of yourself. If you are selected to join the 2020 NYLC, this image will be used on our website.
4. As part of this application, we ask that you provide a creative piece. You are free to provide any type of creative submission. Past entries have included project videos, photo/visual scrap books, writing samples, and links to performance pieces.
5. Be ready to answer thought-provoking questions about yourself.
6. Applications are due November 17, 2019, midnight pst.
7. Applications will only be considered if they are complete. A complete application includes the Parental/Guardian Acknowledgement, a Recommendation Form, a picture and bio, and a creative submission.
8. There is a possibility that you will have an easy, casual interview or two interviews with current NYLC members.
THIS APPLICATION IS ESTIMATED TO TAKE ABOUT 45 MINUTES.
THIS FORM HAS BEEN SET UP TO AUTOSAVE. TRUST THIS TECHNOLOGY AT YOUR OWN PERIL ;) CONSIDER COMPOSING ESSAY RESPONSES IN A WORD DOCUMENT TO COPY AND PASTE INTO THE APPLICATION AND AVOID LOSING YOUR WORK.