Section 2: Mission Trip Scholarship Information
To receive a scholarship, an individual must meet the following criteria:
1. Have completed membership requirements of Church at The Mill.
2. Be participating in a Church at The Mill scholarship-eligible trip.
3. Have faithfully attempted to raise support from family and close friends.
4. Attend pre‐trip orientation and training sessions.
5. Agree to serve at an Acts 1:8 event in the next 12 months in a needed capacity.
6. Agree to participate in at least one approved local missions opportunity (ex: Miracle Hill, Carolina Pregnancy Center, Greater Spartanburg Ministries, etc.) in the next 12 months.
Section 3: Disclaimers
If you are able to completely fund your own trip by personal contributions or outside fundraising, please do so and allow scholarships to be used by others.
If the above criteria are met and your application is approved, you may receive a scholarship to offset the cost of your trip. The percentage offered for scholarships will be determined by the Acts 1:8 Committee and will be based on the funds available during the year. Your trip leader will contact you regarding the approval of your scholarship.
No individual fundraising is allowed on church grounds on Sundays or Wednesdays. This includes before, during and after worship services. Individuals may raise funds at events held on church grounds with prior scheduling and approval from the Acts 1:8 Committee.
Scholarship amounts will be reduced if total donations + scholarship amount exceed total trip cost.
Any donations above the total trip cost will be considered donations to the Acts 1:8 Scholarship Fund.