ExperienceFirst is a fast growing guided tour operator with a portfolio of seven international travel brands.
Our brands are top rated on TripAdvisor include the #1 ranked in NYC and winning #1 for best Cultural Tour globally. Our formula for success if a carefully crafted tour experience with expert local guides who are passionate story tellers.. We are "nice people", and we take our work seriously and work hard and smart.
The Manager of Tour Guide Operations will define and oversee implementation of all activities related to the qualitative aspects of the tour guide role. To this end, he/she will manage all functions from hiring to quality control. He/she will work in partnership with the Director of Operations to ensure there is a qualitative approach from a brand and experience perspective, which ultimately delivers sales and net profitability.
Roles and Responsibilities
● Manage all hiring in conjunction with Human Resources and General Managers where applicable
● Setting training standards, materials and updates at general company and tour/market specific levels
● Manages tour guide handbook
● Creates quality control mechanism to measure and monitor each guide, including, but not limited to, adherence to physical appearance, courteous treatment of guests, solutions for frequent on site issues (location mgmt/access issues, guest ticket issues, late guest arrivals) “Secret shopper” program, etc.
● Establish procedures to monitor and measure availability metrics
● Establish and implement process for guide scheduling rationale, frequency and “guaranteed” schedules
● Collaborate with Sr. Management on new tour rationale and best practices
● Establishing process to incorporate new technology for enhanced tour
● Mange utilization of tour guides as content providers to support marketing
● Ensure all our guide licenses are up to date
● Ensuring tour content/scripts are up to date and relevant
● Manage tour guide trainers
● Annual reviews and bi-annual dialogues, along with performance improvement plans
● Stay abreast of industry trends and apply where applicable
● Conduct market research and competitor analysis in conjunction with area managers and executive team
● Travel to industry trade shows as required and applicable to stay abreast of the industry trends at large
● Conflict management and resolution
● Oversee consumer reviews and identify strengths and weaknesses and adjust accordingly
● Ensure professionalism with guests and colleagues
Qualifications and Experience
● An objective leader and manager who can lead a multi faceted staff.
● Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive responsibility in a related industry where delivering an experience to consumers is the core of the organization
● Ideal candidate has a combination of the following skills: Tour guide, human resources and onsite guest relations experience
● Goal oriented and entrepreneurial mindset, coupled with a willingness to learn
● Outstanding attention to detail in order to maximize opportunities
● High standards in the delivery of the guest experience
● Ability to create, administer and monitor policies and procedures
● Bachelor’s degree in business administration, hospitality or a related field is a plus
● Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changes in consumer behavior and the tourism market
● Available to travel as needed
Our office is conveniently located in the Financial District/Downtown Manhattan, across from Fulton Center subway hub. Casual attire. Competitive Compensation.
For consideration please apply at www.exp1.com/jobs/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and shall treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regard to race, color, age, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please inform us if you need any assistance in completing this or any other forms or to participate in our application process.