(Printed Name): I hereby certify that my pet(s)is/are in good health, and have not been ill with any contagious diseases including, but not limited to: fleas, intestinal parasites, warts, ringworm, heartworms, infectious tracheobronchitis. leptospirosis, feline leukemia, FIP, FIV, feline rhinotracheitis, feline calici virus, or conjunctivitis within 2 weeks prior to their stay at The Inn at Baxter Vet.
1. Pets are checked from nose to tail upon arrival. Pets showing signs of any of the above illnesses will be treated at their owner’s expense and may require hospitalization.
2. The Inn at Baxter Vet requires proof of the following vaccinations for DOGS: Rabies, DHPP, & Bordetella. Canine Influenza & Leptospirosis vaccinations are strongly advised. Exceptions to this requirement must be medical boarded with veterinarian approval. Vaccinations are advised a minimum of 5 days prior to boarding for maximum efficacy. All dogs must show proof of a negative heartworm and intestinal parasite test annually and must be current on heartworm and flea prevention.
3. The Inn at Baxter Vet requires proof of the following vaccinations for CATS: Rabies & FVRCP. The FELV vaccination is advised for all cats under 1 year of age. Exceptions to this requirement must be medical boarded with veterinarian approval. Vaccinations are advised a minimum of 5 days prior to boarding for maximum efficacy. Cats must be current on flea prevention and flea/parasite free.
4. Some pets may experience illness and/or injury during their stay. These illnesses may include, but are not limited to: broken nails, sore pads, puncture wounds, abrasions, cuts, diarrhea, vomiting, coughing, sneezing, watery eyes, ear infections, limping, contagious or parasitic diseases, urinary tract infections, allergic reactions, injured teeth, or skin infections. In some cases, more serious illnesses and even death could occur.
5. Should my pet become sick or injured during their stay, I authorize necessary treatment and assume full financial responsibility for this treatment. For minor illnesses, our team will contact you to discuss the nature of your pet’s symptoms & approve a treatment plan if possible. In the event of a life threatening emergency, treatment for your pet will be provided as deemed necessary by the attending veterinarian at your expense if you cannot be reached.
6. If my pet shows signs of aggression, severe anxiety, or threatening behavior towards a person or other animal, then I acknowledge that my pet may require a modification to their boarding reservation and/or sedation. We will make every attempt to contact you in these situations, but will proceed if deemed necessary for the safety of your pet, other guests, and the Baxter Vet team if you cannot be reached. Any modifications or treatments provided for behavioral concerns will be the financial responsibility of the pet owner.
7. Group play for DOGS provides socialization and a great source of exercise. My dog will be temperament tested upon arrival to see how he/she interacts with other guests. Group recess will be performed at the discretion of The Inn at Baxter Vet, keeping the safety and temperament of the guests in mind. Solo recess is available when needed. Any fees associated with solo recess will be incurred at the owner’s expense.
8. If my pet shows any signs of separation anxiety, crate anxiety, fence climbing, jumping, or digging, or any other behaviors that could potentially result in injury or escape, The Inn at Baxter Vet reserves the right to modify the boarding reservation and/or administer a mild sedation if needed. We will attempt to contact you if this situation arises, but will proceed with conservative treatment to ensure that your pet does not experience severe anxiety during their stay if you cannot be reached. Any modifications or treatments provided will the financial responsibility of the pet owner.
9. Photographs or video may be taken of my pet(s) by The Inn at Baxter Vet and may be used for any purpose without compensation or authorization. I release to The Inn at Baxter Vet and Baxter Veterinary Clinic all rights to possess or claim such images, photos, or recordings.
10. Payment is required at the time the services are rendered. Past due balances will incur an interest rate of 1.5% per month after 30 days. A deposit is required for holiday boarding and any reservation that exceeds 14 days.
11. We reserve the right to impose a late fee for pets that are not picked up during regular business hours. An additional day of boarding will be added for any pet not picked up within 15 minutes of closing. Sunday pick-up must have Express Check-Out and be paid in advance.
12. Pets left in our care for longer than fourteen (14) days with NO CONTACT or PAYMENT from their legal guardian or representative will be considered abandoned. Baxter Veterinary Clinic will assume guardianship of any pet deemed abandoned under local, state or federal laws, and has full discretion to rehome the pet with another individual, shelter, or rescue group without any recourse or liability.
The Inn at Baxter Vet and Baxter Veterinary Clinic are not liable for any illnesses, injury, behavioral issues, or death that may occur while your pet is in our care. I hereby release The Inn at Baxter Vet and Baxter Veterinary Clinic from any liability associated with my pet’s stay. Serious life threatening illnesses and injuries are rare, but can occur.