Core Values of the Theatre Arts Department
Trust -Genuine trust is a necessary component of artistic expression and collaboration within and ensemble.
Honesty - We intend to be honest, authentic, and sincere in order to build a stronger ensemble.
Ensemble - We intend to be a strong and supportive ensemble in order to create meaningful experiences in rehearsals and performances.
Attitude - A positive attitude is necessary to maintain a productive learning environment
Talent - We commit to bringing the best of our individual talents to each project
Respect - When we demonstrate respect for the artistic process, it strengthens our ensemble and results in a positive experience for the community
Excellence - We strive for excellence in everything we do. It is the repetition of excellence that makes an artist.
* Maintain a 70 or better in all classes. Students must be GHSA eligible to perform.
* Attend all scheduled rehearsals and performances. If you have a scheduling conflict, it is your responsibility to discuss it with Mrs. Lindsay immediately. More than 2 unexcused absences may result in the loss of your role.
* Communicate with Mrs. Lindsay immediately if you are sick and/or absent from school. You must be present for at least half of the school day in order to attend rehearsals.
* Abide by the above Core Values at all times.
* Work efficiently to collaborate with all members of your ensemble.
* Meet deadlines as established by Mrs. Lindsay and the Production Team.
* Obtain prior approval from Mrs. Lindsay before making any major changes to your appearance including, but not limited to, hair length and color, piercings, tatoos, etc.
* Act in a safe, responsible, and ethical manner at all times, including on Social Media. You are representing Harrison High School, Harrison Theatre, and yourself. This includes avoiding detention, Saturday School, ISS or OSS for the duration of the rehearsal process.
* Fully commit to the process of putting together this production, no matter what role you play.
* Production Fee of $150 to cover royalties, sets, costumes, makeup, transportation to the competition, some meals, etc.