We do not have an educational background requirement. We are looking for committed, motivated, and hardworking students who are eager to learn. Students must be at least 18 years old.
Tuition is due by February 1, 2020. If cleared in advance with us, it is possible to make arrangements to finance $3000.00 of your tuition. In this case, $3700.00 is due on February 1, 2020 and a time payment schedule is arranged for the balance.
1. The $295.00 deposit is non-refundable upon acceptance into the program.
2. A full refund of tuition (less the $295.00 deposit) will be paid to the student if she/he withdraws (in writing) before February 1, 2020 at 5pm Pacific Time.
3. If a student cancels after February 1, 2020, 5pm Pacific Time, but before February 14, 2020, 5pm Pacific Time, an additional $1000.00 fee will be retained. Cancellations after 5pm, February 14, 2020 will follow the dates below to determine appropriate refund. These refunds will be calculated using percentages of the post-deposit tuition, $6700.00.
4. If a student withdraws from Roots of Herbalism & Foundations of Health, a refund calculation will be performed which will comply with the following:
(based on 103 days of class)
> 10 % < 25% of course completed (on or before May 7) = 25% refund
>25% < 50% of course completed (on or before July 23) = 10% refund
> 50% of course completed (after 5pm July 23) = 0% refund
CSHS does not provide nor secure housing for our students. However, we do send out a list of possible rentals in the area about 4-6 weeks before classes begin. It is strongly recommended that students check with other rental sources as well and allow themselves time to find a home. More information on housing will be sent along with acceptance packages.
1. Satisfactory completion of all assignments, including materia medica reports, medicine
making, first-aid kits, botany assignment and many more.
2. Maintain at least an 85% attendance record within each semester.
3. Attend and participate in both camping trips and medicine show.
4. Pay tuition in full.
At CSHS we emphasize the skilled use of herbalism in the home and community, and this is the perspective from which we teach. We do not seek or guarantee placement of our graduates. However, throughout the year CSHS receives notices of apprenticeship and employment opportunities, which are posted at the school. Many of our students go on to find employment in the herbal world in a variety of areas including: herbal medicine making, education, and managing herbal businesses. Our students who are health care providers have successfully incorporated herbalism into their practices. Many of our graduates have gone on to create their own herbal businesses.