Toledo Library Fan Con Tabling Policy
Thank you for your interest in an Artist Alley table at Toledo Library Fan Con. Library staff will review selections and you will be notified if your table has been approved. Event organizers have the right to reject and accept booth applications at their own discretion.
1. Toledo Library Fan Con is a family friendly event. All materials visible at your table must be appropriate for all ages. If you are unsure whether material is appropriate for the event, please ask event coordinators.
2. Almost all types of artwork will be accepted into the Artist Alley as long as they have something to do with comics, gaming, anime or pop culture. This includes, but is not limited to; original art, prints of original art, sculptures, handmade jewelry, costume accessories (these may not resemble copyrighted accessories already in production), plush dolls, paintings and handmade clothing.
3. Objects not accepted into the Artist Alley include, but are not limited to: any item that is a direct reproduction an original work by another artist, anything with “adult” content as deemed by the Library, or anything the Library deems inappropriate or offensive. The Library may request that an artist remove any item at their table at any time for any reason.
4. You are responsible for running your table, including keeping it staffed at all times and handling money, receipts, etc. During the convention, you or your assistants are expected to remain at your table during the stated hours of operation for the Artist Alley. Library staff and volunteers will not be available to help staff artist booths, including for breaks or panels. We suggest having at least two people available to manage a booth if you don’t wish to leave it unattended at any time.
5. The Library will provide one table, approximately 8’ x 3’ table, two chairs, and free WiFi. Electrical outlet access cannot be guaranteed. Special requests will be processed on an individual basis. Any signage and displays the artist may have will not impede the flow of traffic, or be fastened to the walls or floors unless the Library has first given permission.
6. You are responsible for set-up, tear down and bringing materials in and out of the Library. Setup is from 9 - 10 a.m. on the day of the event. The artist alley opens at 10 a.m. and closes at 4 p.m. Artists must be packed up by 5 p.m. All property belonging to the artist must be taken with them during tear down that day; the Library cannot accommodate any materials left behind.
7. Space in Artist’s Alley will be prioritized for:
Artists directly involved Toledo Library Fan Con programs, panels, displays or presentations.
Northwest Ohio artists.
Any other space will be filled at the discretion of Library staff.
8. At this time the Library will not charge artists for the opportunity to sell their merchandise, nor guarantee that any merchandise will be sold.
9. The artist will be responsible for obtaining any licenses, permits or approvals required under local, state and federal laws applicable to their activities at Toledo Library Fan Con. Artists will be responsible for obtaining any tax identification numbers and paying all taxes, license fees and any charges that will come due to any governmental authority in connection with their activity at the Library.
10. The Toledo Lucas County Public Library, nor any of their representatives, will not be responsible for any injury, loss or damage that may occur to the artists or to the artists’ associates or property from any cause whatsoever. The artist shall obtain, at their own expense, adequate insurance against such injury, loss or damage. The Library shall not be liable for failure to perform its obligations under this contract as a result of strikes, riots, acts of nature or any other cause of any kind whatsoever not within the control of the Library.