Throughout this Waiver & Release, our company name Customized Therapeutic Massage By Summer will be referred to as "The Company."
1) I understand that the massage/bodywork I receive is provided for the basic purpose of relaxation, stress reduction and relief of muscular tension. If I experience any pain or discomfort during this session, I will immediately inform the practitioner so that the pressure and/or strokes may be adjusted to my level of comfort.
2) I further understand that massage/bodywork should not be construed as a substitute for medical examination, diagnosis, or treatment and that I should see a physician, chiropractor, or other qualified medical specialist for any mental or physical ailment that I am aware of.
Because massage/bodywork is contraindicated (should not be done) under certain medical conditions, I affirm that I have stated all my known medical conditions, and answered all questions honestly. I agree to keep the practitioner updated as to any changes in my medical profile, and understand that there shall be no liability on the practitioner's part should I forget to do so.
3) It is also understood that any illicit or sexually suggestive or flirtatious remarks or advances made by me will result in immediate termination of the session, and I will be liable for payment for the full scheduled appointment.
4) Should I need to cancel future sessions, I agree to give my practitioner 48 hours' notice or I will financially responsible for the session time.
5) I release, waive, discharge, and agree not to sue The Company and all its respective agents, affiliates, associates,officers, directors, owners and employees (collectively "Releases") from demands, losses, or damages on account of any bodily injury, death or property damage caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by Releases or any other party's actions,inactions, or otherwise. I also agree to indemnify Releases from any and all third party claims caused in whole or in part by my actions.
6) I consent to emergency medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me as The Company may deem appropriate. This Release extends to any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency.
7) I expressly agree that the terms of release and indemnity contained herein are intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of this state. Any provision or portion of this Waiver, Release, and Indemnity Agreement found to be invalid by the courts having jurisdiction shall be invalid only with respect to such provision or portion. The offending provision or portion shall be construed to the maximum extent possible to confer upon the parties the benefits intended thereby. Said provision or portion, as well as the remaining provisions or portion hereof, shall be construed and enforced to the same effect as if such offending provision or portion thereof had not been contained herein.