All guests of The Inn must be up to date on required vaccinations & free of parasites & communicable diseases. A physical examination & any necessary treatments will be provided if your pet does not meet the health requirements needed to ensure the safety of all guests in our care. You will be responsible for any accrued cost associated. Required vaccinations: Canine: Rabies, DHPP, Bordetella. Feline: Rabies, FVRCP
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A COMFORTABLE STAY
• Bedding, toys, & identification collars are provided. Favorite Toys & small items for security are welcome, but we cannot accommodate large or bulky items. All pets are required to be on a leash or in a carrier upon both arrival & departure to ensure their safety. These items will be labeled and returned to you upon check-out. The Inn at Baxter Vet is not responsible for lost or damaged items.
• Highly digestible kibble is provided twice daily. Food brought from home must be clearly labeled in a sealed Ziploc bag with your pet’s first & last name, date, & feeding instructions. For the safety of our guests, we cannot feed raw diets. All food & water dishes are provided. If you choose to provide your pet’s food, please be sure to provide an appropriate amount, plus a little extra in case there is a delay in pick up. If your pet requires a prescription diet, we ask that you either bring it from home or purchase it during their stay. We carry the Hill’s Science Diet brand of prescription diets. An additional meal can be added for $3.50/day. Pets requiring more than 3 feedings per day require medical boarding
• Exercise twice daily & a mid-day activity are included in the reservation. Behavioral assessments are required prior to group recess. Solo playtime or an additional recess can be added for $7.50/day. Pets requiring more than 1 hour of exercise daily can purchase a day care package. Pets requiring more than 4 bathroom walks daily will be medical boarded.
• We will administer up to 2 oral medications twice daily. Pets needing injections, more frequent medications, or the supervision of our veterinary team will require medical boarding for an additional $10/day. Medications must be in their original container with the correct patient & current administration instructions. Any medications not appropriately labeled will not be the responsibility of The Inn.
• Pets being Medical Boarded are under the supervision of a veterinary nurse and are cared for by the team at The Inn. Your pet will not be directly evaluated by a veterinarian during their stay unless concerns are noted. Pets needing regular veterinary supervision while boarding will require hospitalization.
• Spa services are available and can be added to your pet’s reservation. Exit baths and grooming services will be performed based on your estimated check-out date and pick-up time. If your pet requires a bath for their comfort or health during their stay, a basic bath will be administered at your expense.
• TLC, Back-to-School, & Pampered Pet Packages can be added for $10/day. Enjoy 10% off the 2nd package.
Your pet will only be seen by a veterinarian if you request it, or if a team member notices an issue that requires medical attention. Non-life threatening conditions will be treated conservatively, & we will attempt to contact you prior to treatment. If there is a life threatening emergency, we will treat your pet first & then contact you. Please notify us if there is a maximum monetary amount that you approve to treat your pet in the case of a life threatening emergency. You will be financially responsible for any treatments provided.
CHECK OUT & PAYMENT INFORMATION
• Rates begin the day of check-in. Pets checked-out before 11:00am will not incur daily charges.
• A $25 deposit is required for holiday boarding.
• All reservations that exceed 14 nights require a 50% deposit at the time of check-in.
• Express check-out is available for your convenience. A credit card will be billed for the expected length of stay, and any incidental or additional fees will be collected after check-out. Express check-out is required for Sunday pick-up.
• Any pet picking up outside of normal boarding hours (Monday – Friday 7:30am – 6:30pm, Saturday 7:30am – 2:30 pm & Sunday 4pm – 6pm) will be charged for an additional day of boarding.