A covenant is an agreement between people and/or people and God. It is a commitment to serve willfully and whole-heartedly so that the intended purpose is ultimately achieved.
The purpose of our SCG student worship team is to help create a woship experience that glorifies God and brings students into a lasting relationship with Jesus Christ.
COMMITMENT TO GOD
SCG student worship team requires a high degree of commitment, which requires that members consider carefully when discerning if this is where God is leading them. Therefore, as a potential member of the SCG student worship team... I aspire to:
1. Be a committed and faithful follower of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2. Cultivate my relationship with Christ by intentionally taking time to be still and listen to God through prayer, scripture, other spiritual practices and disciplines.
3. Live publicly and privately in a manner that is consistent with my commitment to Christ and the relationship I have with Him.
4. Submit to the leadership and authority under which God has placed me.
5. Honor God with my social conduct including:
COMMITMENT TO WORSHIP TEAM
I promise to:
I have read the above. By making this covenant I invite the leaders and staff to help keep me accountable to this covenant, and I commit myself to seeking out their help when struggles arise. I will endeavor to help others do the same.