TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. ENROLMENT CONDITIONS:Students are required to re-enrol each year. We do not automatically roll over our years or student bookings. A Booking Renewal Form must be completed before starting lessons to help secure a spot. Enrolment commences on the date and time you complete your enrolment and booking. The minimum period of enrolment is 12 active weeks (6 fortnightly payments). This is a perpetual (ongoing) agreement. A direct debit enrolment will continue each year until the member cancels (refer to right of cancellation).2. PAYMENT OF FEES:Classes are booked on a 48 week year basis and fees must be paid regardless of attendance. We do not offer casual lessons. Payment of fees is due fortnightly via direct debit. Bookings will not be made without payment of your Registration.
3. LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT:I understand that this agreement is a legally binding contract regardless of if I/my child attends the classes. I acknowledge that increases in periodic payments may occur; members will be given a minimum of 14 days’ written notice. 4. REFUND POLICY:YMCA has a NO REFUND Policy. Should you not attend classes you will not receive a credit or refund of the direct debits taken from your account.
5. CANCELLATION OF BOOKINGS:Cancellation of bookings are accepted and 2 weeks written notice must be given prior to cancelling. If you are unable to continue your lessons due to illness or injury for an extended portion of the program, then you must submit a medical certificate to Programs Management. Members may cancel an enrolment after the minimum period of 12 active weeks (6 fortnightly payments. You must provide fourteen (14) days’ notice if you wish to cancel your enrolment. To cancel your enrolment, please see reception to complete a customer request form.. A confirmation return email from us is required to finalise the cancellation. Any fees due within your fourteen (14) days’ notice period will be charged as normal and any outstanding fees must be paid at the time of cancellation. Cancellations will be processed from the date of receipt of your request.6. CHANGES TO BOOKINGS:Students are booked for a year of lessons on a predetermined day and time for the duration of the year. A change to your original booking must be made at reception and will be based on class availabilities.
7. MISSED LESSONS & MAKE UP POLICY:Make ups will only be granted if there are places in a similar class for the week you will miss your class. If a place cannot be found, you will not be credited for the missed lesson. If an enrolled child is unable to make a class due to illness or other circumstances the parent needs to contact reception before the commencement of your child’s said class (if this does not happen we cannot count a missed class as a “make up class”). Missed classes must be phoned in to the centre. Make up lessons cannot be changed or rebooked. Make up lessons must be finalized before the end of year or they are forfeited. Make up lessons will not be available if fees are outstanding. All Make Up lessons are subject to change at the discretion of YMCA management. Missed make up lessons are forfeited and cannot be rebooked. Refunds and credits do not apply. Our private and high needs classes do not have make up classes. If you have a medical certificate we can issue you a credit on your account to be used for future lessons8. OUTSTANDING FEES:We will suspend your enrolment as soon as the bank has informed us that a payment has defaulted. We will notify you by SMS, phone and/or email when a payment has defaulted. You will be charged a fail payment fee of $10.00 for each time a payment defaults. This is in addition to your outstanding fees. If you fail to contact us to bring your account up to date within seven (7) days of receiving notification, we may begin to take action to recover your outstanding fees. If your fees remain unpaid for longer than seven (7) days, we have the right to cancel your enrolment with your outstanding fees and the remaining balance owed.
9. PICK UP / DROP OFFChildren remain your responsibility at all times. YMCA will not be responsible for supervising children outside of their class times. We ask that all children are walked into the facility and picked up from inside the facility. At no times should any children be left at our premise unsupervised by a parent/guardian.
10. CHANGES TO CLASSES:YMCA reserves the right to amalgamate, move or alter classes where low class participation levels occur. We will notify all participants affected by these changes via email, SMS or phone. If your child has progressed to the next level please check Green desk and then contact reception to make the change.
11. MEDICAL ASSISTANCE:By joining a YMCA program you authorise the YMCA Staff to obtain for your child any necessary medical attention at your expense and understand I will be notified as soon as possible. You give YMCA permission to call an ambulance if staff deems it necessary. 12. CORRECT APPAREL:Students are to wear suitable sports clothes to gymnastics. Ideally a leotard or leggings/shorts and a t-shirt for girls and shorts and a t-shirt for boys. Long hair should be tied back and jewelry should be removed. For safety reasons, students should not wear clothing with denim, buttons or zips.13. SIBLINGS:Siblings not attending a program must be supervised at all times by a parent/carer and are not permitted onto the gymnastics floor.
14. ACCESS TO FACILITIES:Students and families are not permitted to access the gymnastics facilities before or after class for “free play”. These facilities are only permitted for use during classes under the direction of a YMCA staff member.
15. CHANGE ROOMS:Children are to be supervised at all times when using change-rooms. There is a gymnasts only bathroom located in the gymnastic hall.
16. SUSPENSION:The Y allows up to 8 weeks free of charge for suspensions. Members have the privilege to suspend their enrolment by filling out a customer request form at reception. Members are entitled to suspend their enrolment for a maximum of 2 unpaid weeks per 12 week block of payments (8 weeks per year). All suspensions must be actioned before the nominated time period. Suspensions will not be back dated.
17. BREACH OF CENTRE ROOLS OR BEHAVIOUR:Centre Rules and Expectations of Behaviour are established for the safety and enjoyment of all participants and are outlined in our Parent Handbooks. Breaches of these rules may result in your/your child’s exclusion from the program following consultation between centre staff and parents. 18. PUBLIC HOLIDAYS:Public Holidays will not be included in the class fees and no classes will run on these days.
23. CHILD PROTECTION:SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE - The YMCA is committed to Safeguarding children and young people and has a range of policies and procedures to keep children and young people safe. Details of these policies are available at: www.ymcabrisbane.org along with information on YMCA’s obligation to report child safety concerns, and how you can report child safety concerns. 24. GYM SAFETY:Please refer to our parent Handbook or www.ymcafitness.com for our gym safety guidelines.
I give permission for myself or my child/ren to be photographed or videos while participating in The Y activities by The Y Employees. I consent to these photos/ videos being used for publicity purposes. PLEASE NOTE NO PERSONAL PHOTOGRAPHY IS PERMITTED DUE TO OUR SAFEGURDING CHILDREN POLICY.
YOUR PERMISSIONI agree to myself / my child attending YMCA activities and will not hold the YMCA, its staff or volunteers responsible for any loss of property and / or accident. I also give permission for medical / ambulance assistance in case of emergency and agree to pay such costs incurred. I understand that the YMCA course fees are non-refundable and that YMCA membership is a pre-requisite of participation. I acknowledge that it is a condition of enrolment that my child is picked up immediately upon conclusion of the enrolled activity. I understand and agree to the terms and conditions of my program booking as listed on this form. The YMCA regards its role in the protection of children in their care as of the utmost importance.