The University of Tennessee ("University") maintains biographic, gift, and other confidential information ("Data") about alumni, donors, and friends. The maintenance and management of the ANDI system is essential to the success of University advancement and development initiatives. All UT Employees and Volunteers acknowledge that access to this Data comes with a duty of confidentiality.
In the performance of responsibilities and duties of their position for the University, the UT Employee or Volunteer agrees:
1. The Data held by the University is confidential and privileged. Even though some information has been gathered from public sources, ANDI data in its combined form is the property of the University.
2. The UT Employee or Volunteer may view and utilize Data as needed to perform their work for the University. The UT Employee or Volunteer will exercise all reasonable precautions to prevent loss, theft, compromise, or misuse of the Data.
3. While employed by or volunteering with the University and any time thereafter, the UT Employee or Volunteer will not duplicate, discuss, or distribute the information contained in ANDI or any other confidential information to which they have access. Under no circumstances will the UT Employee or Volunteer use this information for personal reasons, commercial or political use, or personal financial gain.
4. The UT Employee or Volunteer will not disclose Data to any third party (including alumni and volunteers) without prior authorization and consent from the Assistant Vice President of Advancement Services.
5. The UT Employee or Volunteer must not save any Data on their personal computers, smartphones, or other electronic devices. All external physical copies of Data will be disposed of or stored in a secure manner. The UT Employee or Volunteer will not keep physical or digital copies of the Data beyond the completion of the project for which the Data was obtained.
6. If the UT Employee or Volunteer are required to disclose any Data pursuant to legal process, Staff shall notify the Assistant Vice President of Advancement Services before disclosing the Data in order to allow the University to seek an appropriate remedy to protect the Data.