In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Alabama Sports Festival athletic/sports program and related events and activities, the undersigned:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, FULLY UNDERSTAND that the participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk or serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from their own actions, inactions, or negligence, but the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
2. ASSUME all the foregoing risks, known and unknown, and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death.
3. RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFY AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Alabama Sports Festival, Inc., host of the Alabama Sports Festival, the National Congress of State Games, its affiliated clubs, any affiliated subsidiary, the promoters, other participants, operators, officials, volunteers, trainers, any persons in a restricted area, sponsors, advertisers, owners and lessees of premises used to conduct the event and each of them, their officers, representatives, employees and volunteers, all of which are hereinafter referred to as "releasees", from any and all liability to each of the undersigned, his or her heirs, executors, administrators, successors, assigns and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasee or otherwise.
4. AUTHORIZE, in the event that the participant sustains injury or illness while competing/participating in the Alabama Sports Festival, any emergency first aid, medication, medical treatment or surgery deemed necessary by licensed medical personnel, and give permission for attending medical personnel to execute on behalf of the Participant permission forms or other necessary medical documents and to act on his or her behalf if he or she is not immediately available to do so.
5. CONSENT to allow the Participant’s picture and/or likeness or voice to appear in any official documentary, promotional (including any and all advertisements) television, radio or film coverage of the Alabama Sports Festival and the National Congress of State Games and its members in any manner incidental to his or her participation in the Alabama Sports Festival, without compensation.
ALL OF THE UNDERSIGNED HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND AUTHORIZATION OF MEDICAL TREATMENT, UNDERSTAND THAT THEY HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY HAVE SIGNED IT VOLUNTARILY. THIS AGREEMENT CANNOT BE MODIFIED ORALLY BY ANY PARTY.