CAB SME 208(a)-Application for Recognition as an Educational Supervisor for SME
BC Conference United Church of Canada
In submitting this form you confirm that the information is accurate to the best of your knowledge
Completed Ministry of Supervision Course Date
Lay Member of The United Church
Designated Lay Minister
Ordained/Diaconal Ministry Personnel
Supervision will be:
Date of Application
Covenant: In applying to act as Educational Supervisor for an individual preparing for ministry in The United Church of Canada. Will you covenant with the BC Conference Candidacy and Admission Board on Internship and Educational Supervision agree to: a . Be present and available to the individual I am supervising for the duration of the period of Supervised Ministry Education with the exception of normal holidays and study leave. b. Provide weekly supervision of a minimum of one hour (in addition to any planning sessions or casual encounters) c. Attend the SME Committee supervision team training session d. Prepare a comprehensive evaluation of the individual's work and learning at the halfway point and at the conclusion of each term of Supervised Education and to discuss this evaluation with the individual and the M&P committee supervision team.
1. List your educational and professional experiences.
2. List the qualities and skills you believe you bring to the ministry of supervision. Include a statement about your work (volunteer or paid) in the church.
3. Identify other educational experiences you have had in supervision.
4. List situations in which you were supervised:
5. List situations in which you were acting as a supervisor:
6. List your initial learning goals for yourself for this Supervised Ministry Education period:
7. Comment on your style of supervision:
8. What excites you about ministry and about the ministry of supervision?
9. Describe some of your theological interests. As you engage in ministry, what theological questions arise?
10. What other comments do you have?
Should be Empty: