2019 KITSAP JUNIOR RODEO GROUND RULES
A. No open fires on Grounds.
B. All dogs must be tied or on a leash.
C. Contestants, contestant helpers, adults, and committee helpers must wear western attire: western hat, long sleeved shirt with sleeves rolled down and shirttail tucked in (must be wrist length sleeved shirt with collar and cuffs) western boots and long pants. (Boys wearing arm pads in riding events may roll sleeve up to elbow on riding arm.)
D. Contestants must be in western attire for the Grand Entry and for Awards Presentation.
E. Only designated officials, parent, and no more than two contestant helpers are permitted to assist a contestant in any event. No non-contestants are permitted to assist contestant.
F. DISQUALIFICATION shall occur for the following:
1. Failure to display contestant number on back if one is provided.
2. Improper attire.
3. Failure to comply with arena/track director instructions.
4. NOT BEING READY WHEN CALLED! 3 call rule will apply.
5. Sr. Girls Cow Riding will have a time limit of 3 minutes. This means once it's your turn you must attempt to get on your animal.
6. Refusing stock drawn.
7. Abuse of officials or other contestants.
8. Tampering with rodeo stock or equipment at rodeo.
9. Profanity, obscenity, quarreling or rowdyism.
10. Acquisition of another’s property.
11. Use of unapproved equipment.
12. Use of, or traffic of intoxication beverages tobacco, or drugs.
13. Cheating by contestant.
14. ANY ABUSE TO STOCK OR ANY ANIMALS, YOUR OWN OR OTHERWISE, ON GROUNDS OR IN ARENA. YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED AND ASKED TO LEAVE GROUNGS.
G. Contestants shall not be permitted to compete while wearing cast of any type except digital (Finger or Toe) casts.
H. Stallion or mares with colt at side are not permitted.
I. Protests must be submitted through the youth representatives and must pertain to rule violations. Judges decisions are final in all judgment calls.
J. We will impose a 12:00 Midnight curfew on contestants or 1 hour past closing of the last sanctioned event on Friday and Saturday night. Any contestants using tobacco, drinking or doing drugs will be disqualified, no entry fees will be refunded and they will not receive points or prizes at that Rodeo.
K. No money refund without a doctor or veterinary slip.
L. No bicycles allowed – Silver Spurs Ground Rules.
M. All ground rules set by the Silver Spurs Saddle Club must be observed. Rules are posted on the Announcers Booth at Arena 1.