How the Challenge Will Work:
To increase your self-awareness and create habits that last.
Most people set huge New Year's resolutions, accomplish them for a couple of weeks, then get burned out. This challenge will focus instead on self-awareness, consistency, and persistence.
1) Enter up to 6 habits you can complete every day. This checklist will help you come up with ideas based on the science of habits. Before the challenge, you will receive your own checklist and personal dashboard.
2) Make a pledge to yourself. You pay what you want to join the challenge. If you fill out your checklist with "Achieved" / "Failed" / "N/A" for 60 days without breaking your streak, you will receive a full refund.
3) Choose a time of day to fill your list out. You cannot change the deadline without breaking your current streak. So choose a time of day that you can hit consistently.
4) If you do not complete your checklist by the deadline, you will start back at 0. This only happens by failing to fill out the checklist. Marking your habit "Failed" or "N/A" will not count against your streak.
5) If you break your streak, you will lose 20% of your remaining pledge balance. The penalty is 20%, rather than a whole number, so you will always have a balance to work for.
Ex. $100 pledge
First penalty (-$20) Remaining balance = $80
Second penalty ($-16) Remaining balance = $64
Third penalty ($-12.80) Remaining balance = $51.20