The following requirements must be completed to be considered for all scholarships.
1. Be a female of African American descent graduating from a Miami-Dade County High School.
2. Have a GPA of at least 3.0 unweighted on the OFFICIAL transcript submitted at the time of application.
The OFFICIAL transcript must include the registrar’s seal and signature. Credit Histories will NOT be accepted.
3. Upload two (2) letters of recommendation with original signatures (letters may be from a school official, church or community leader).
4. Upload a 4x6 professional photograph (HEADSHOT ONLY) that is clear and could be used for publication, with your full name (lightly printed) on the back.
5. Mail Certification Form signed by applicant and parent/guardian, with original signatures and Official Transcript by Wednesday, March 11, 2020 to:
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Dade County Alumnae Chapter
Attn:Scholarship Committee Chair
P.O. Box 52-1806
Miami, Florida 33152-1806
7. Provide proof of enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited college or university before the scholarship is awarded. The deadline for submission is 1/31/21.
8. Utilize the scholarship within one year of the notification of award or it will be forfeited. (Please note: If extenuating circumstances occur, the Dade County Alumnae Chapter must be contacted in writing immediately, but no later than one year after the notification of award. The Chapter will make the final decision regarding all awards.)
9. ONE completed Essay (200 – 250 words typed)
If you experience any problems, please contact Dr. Nyree M. Washington at (305) 205-8859.