The following rules and guidelines are equally binding on adult leaders/chaperones and youth.
Any participant failing to abide by these rules will no longer be a member of Detroit City Youth Opportunities (DCY~Opp/Teens in the D).
• No use of illicit drugs or alcohol
• Presence at and full participation in all group activities
• No sexual misconduct (defined as exposure, touching, or inappropriate reference to body areas normally covered by undergarments)
• Smoking and the use of tobacco products are not allowed to, from, or during any trip or while in the custody of DCY~Opp staff.
• Will not break any American laws in the United States or any other country.
• MUTUAL RESPECT IS A MUST. Participants will avoid the use of foul language, cursing, or any speech (including “humor”), which puts down, makes fun of, or stereotypes other persons or groups.
· NO member is allowed to use DCY~Opp’s name to influence, defame, bully, threaten an individual, organization, a company, or group, including, but not limited to libel or misrepresenting DCY~Opp staff, administrations or any affiliates publicly, privately, on social media or elsewhere. Whenever a member is representing DCY~Opp in apparel, badges or on assignment, they must act with integrity obeying the rules outlined above.