CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. The competition is open to any Artist who is a member in good standing of FUSION: The Ontario Clay and Glass Association, as of May 4, 2018.
2. Works submitted must be of original design.
3. Works submitted must have been executed after May 2016.
4. Works created collaboratively will be regarded as one entry, and will be considered only if all Artists involved are members of FUSION.
5. Only work in which clay or glass is the major component will be considered.
6. Sets of multiples, such as a place setting or a sculptural grouping will be considered as one work submitted and must be priced as a single set (one price for the entire set).
7. The Artist must provide all supports, hanging devices, and clear instructions for installation for any submission selected. Work must be in clearly labelled reusable packaging that can be opened and repacked.
8. COPYRIGHT: The submission of any entry gives permission to FUSION or The Robert Langen Gallery to reproduce and use any image submitted for publicity, documentary or archival purposes, including use in FUSION publications, including but not limited to catalogue, website and social media.
9. LIMIT OF LIABILITY: FUSION is not responsible for any damage or loss arising from the transportation, set-up display and storage of works submitted. Artists assume all responsibility for loss and damage and are advised to arrange for any insurance to cover loss or damage that they might require.
10. PRICING AND SALES: Work must be priced to reflect current market value. For works sold, FUSION will take a commission of 40% of the retail sale price and the Artist will receive 60% of the retail sale price at the end of the exhibition after payment is received from the purchaser. FUSION will arrange for the shipping of works sold to purchasers. If the work is not for sale the current retail price is still required.
11. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
12. The selection made by the jurors shall be final.
13. THE ARTIST MAY NOT WITHDRAW A WORK FROM THE EXHIBITION ONCE IT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED. WORKS ACCEPTED FOR THE EXHIBITION MAY NOT BE REMOVED FROM THE EXHIBITION PRIOR TO THE COMPLETION OF THE FULL EXHIBITION SCHEDULE.
14. Works submitted must be the works shown in the photographs. FUSION reserves the right to reject any work submitted that is different from that portrayed in the images submitted. All works are subject to inspection upon arrival for breakage or technical flaws (e.g., In the case of functional works, cracked works will be rejected.)
15. SIZE RESTRICTION: Packaged work must fit through a 30-inch door opening.
16. WEIGHT RESTRICTION: Works must weigh no more than 60 pounds including packing.
17. Artists are responsible for retrieval of work at the end of the exhibition.
All entries must be received in the FUSION office by 5:00 pm, May 4, 2018