Liability Release Form
I, the parent or lawful guardian of the Athlete (the “Athlete”), give permission for my Athlete to participate in the Bishop Fenwick 2019 Summer Camps and release from all liability and indemnify the Archdiocese of Cincinnati (the “Archdiocese”), the Archbishop of Cincinnati (the “Archbishop”), both individually and as trustee for the Archdiocese, Bishop Fenwick High School, and all parishes and schools within the Archdiocese, and their respective officers, agents, representatives, volunteers, and employees from any and all liability, claims, judgments, cost and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of any injury or illness incurred by my Athlete while participating in the Summer Camp activities and further agree not to bring or prosecute or allow to be brought or prosecuted (including but not limited to prosecution through subrogation) in my name, or on behalf of my Athlete, any claims, lawsuits or actions against the Archbishop, the Archdiocese, Bishop Fenwick High School and their respective officers, agents, representatives, volunteers and employees.
2. I further understand that my Athlete’s participation is purely voluntary and is a privilege and not a right, and that my Athlete, and I on behalf of my Athlete, agree to my Athlete’s participation in the Summer Camp activities despite the risks.
3. I agree to instruct my Athlete to cooperate with the Archbishop or his agents in charge of the Summer Camp programs.
4. I appoint the Archbishop or his agents who are acting as leaders of the Summer Camp activities to seek medical treatment for my Athlete in the event of any injury, illness or medical emergency which may occur during the activity. I understand that the agents of the Archbishop will make a reasonable attempt to contact me as soon as possible in the event of a medical emergency involving my Athlete.
5. I agree that the Archbishop or his agents may use my Athlete portrait or photograph for promotional purposes, website and office functions and use social media and technology to communicate to my Athlete regarding ministry related activities.
6. This acknowledgement and release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the law of the State of Ohio, and if any portion hereof is declared invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. This acknowledgement and release shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, except for the choice of law provisions thereof. I have carefully read and understand and accept the terms and conditions stated herein and acknowledge that this Permission, Release and Authorization to Seek Medical Treatment shall be effective and binding upon me, my Athlete, and my own and my Athlete’s personal representative or estate, assigns, heirs, and next of kin and that I have signed this agreement of my own free will.