Please Take a Moment to Read the Following Before We Begin
The following pages will take approximately 15 to 30 minutes to complete. You will be able to save your progress and continue at a later date/time once started.
You are responsible for answering all of the questions truthfully and to the best of your abilities. If any of the information entered here is incorrect or of fraudulent nature, HRA of New Britain, Inc. has the right to refuse services.
HRA's Virtual VITA aims to bring traditional in-person tax services to a digital and remote platform. As a result, HRA Virtual VITA will try its best to keep your data and personally identifiable information secure. To do this HRA Virtual VITA will undertake the following protocols:
- Using a transport layer security protocol (SSL) to encrypt all uploaded files.
- Minimizing the number of people who can access the online registration form
- Deleting all client documents from our servers immediately after tax appointments and training all Virtual VITA personnel to comply with these data security protocols.
- Working with IRS oversight in order to ensure that Virtual VITA complies with federal VITA standards, as well as data security protocols for the online transition of personally identifiable information.
- Note that Virtual VITA may send the client’s documents to another VITA location in order to (a) interview the taxpayer, (2) prepare the tax return, or (3) perform a quality review. Otherwise the information will remain on JotForm’s encrypted storage space, and will not be accessed after the return is submitted without explicit consent from the client.
Furthermore, we cannot disclose your tax return information to third parties for purposes other than the preparation and filing of your tax return without your consent. If you consent to the disclosure of your tax return information, Federal law may not protect your tax return information from further use or distribution.
In order to contact you, we will reach out either by phone or by email. You will be contacted only for matters that pertain to your tax return, and, if you wish to cease your services at any time and not be contacted, please cancel your appointment and notify firstname.lastname@example.org.
Throughout the tax return, you are responsible for communicating accurate information about your tax return. HRA Virtual VITA is absolved of liability in the event that untruthful information is submitted to the Internal Revenue Service.