On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization declared the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, a pandemic. COVID-19 is highly contagious and known to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people over the past several weeks.
By attending Highland Church (the “Ministry”), you hereby acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that you and your family may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19. You also acknowledge that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of yourself and/or others, including, but not limited to, Ministry employees, contractors, volunteers, members, and participants and their families. You agree to assume all the foregoing risks, waive liability against the Ministry and any other listed parties, and accept sole responsibility for any illness, injury, disability, or death to you or your family, including all claims that may arise resulting
from any of these.
I acknowledge that I must comply with all set procedures to reduce the spread while attending Church/Ministry.
I attest that:
* I am not experiencing any symptoms of illness such as diarrhea, fatigue, runny nose or congestion, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
* I have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days.
* I have not traveled to a highly impacted area within the United States of America in the last 14 days.
* I do not believe I have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
* I have not been diagnosed with Coronavirus/Covid-19.
* If I have been diagnosed with Coronavirus/Covid-19, I have been cleared as noncontagious by state and local health authorities.
*If I become positive for Coronavirus/Covid-19 within fourteen (14) days of attending service, I will notify the church of my status change.
* I am following all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
This waiver remains in effect until the State of New York lifts all COVID-19 related mandates.