The Electroplating Engineer works on a team to support the manufacture of high performance conductors. The Electroplating Engineer is expected to utilize his/her knowledge of metals, chemistry, manufacturing principles and environmental compliance for tin, silver and nickel plating processes and applications. The primary responsibility of the Electroplating Engineer is to sustain manufacturing processes and drive engineering issues to resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Process engineering development for electroplating of tin, nickel and silver on copper products.
• Works with suppliers to obtain specifications on new equipment, materials, and/or products as need to fulfill customer requirements.
• Analyze scrap and improve production plating process to increase efficiency.
• Works with manufacturing cell leaders to improve throughput
• Train technicians and operators on the plating process.
• Articulate process and material issues/opportunities with engineering, manufacturing and management staff. Recommend solutions and improvements.
• Develop appropriate formulations through hands-on experiments to meet or exceed customer plating specifications.
• Develops new or improved processes as necessary maintaining appropriate environmental regulation and hazardous waste handling awareness.
• Maintain compliance with local, state and federal regulations regarding environmental, hazardous waste, and industrial waste disposal.
Qualifications and Skills Qualifications and Skills include:
• BSChE or Mechanical Engineering with at least 5 years of applicable experience in the plating industry.
• Experience with electroplating of nickel, tin and silver on metal surfaces.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques.
• Knowledge of setting up a plating operation would be desirable, specifically continuous process vs. discrete.
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent computer and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent work record, including safety, quality and attendance.
• Positive attitude, likes to work in a team environment.