The Colonel Brown Scholarship is funded by a bequest from Colonel William (Bill) Brown, a 1938 Mound High School graduate. His desire was to help fund a post-secondary education for a student who would otherwise struggle to do so.
The Scholarship is for $5,000 renewable for three additional years (for a total scholarship of $20,000).
The recipient of this scholarship will be required to provide a transcript to the committee after each grading period and must maintain at least a 2.75 GPA on a 4 point system and demonstrate adequate progress toward completion of the program.
Application for this scholarship includes:
1. Completion of this application (also available in the MWHS Guidance Office or online at www.westonka277foundation.org).
2. If not completed here, through jotform, please print in ink.
3. Sharing a high school transcript with the Committee
4. Providing 2 letters of recommendation, utilizing the attached form, one from a school person and one from a community member (e.g., employer, pastor, scout leader)
5. All applications, not finished through jotform, must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2019, and should be mailed to: Westonka District 277 Foundation Colonel Brown Scholarship Committee PO Box 370 Mound, MN 55364
Late applications are not eligible for consideration.