SUMMER CAMP PREAMBLE
All staff will model the teachings of Jesus Christ in every aspect of their work, social, and personal life. For this reason, all potential employees must:
1. Be willing and able to promote, and be completely agreeable with Kimball Camp’s spiritual goals for each camper. (At end of application)2. Be willing to answer some very personal questions concerning his/her lifestyle and spiritual beliefs.3. Understand that references are required.4. Be willing to sign a contract of employment and fill out a medical form upon acceptance. 5. Be checked through a state agency for criminal background.6. Perform any duties required for camp operations.7. Report directly to program director and ultimately to executive director.8. Agree to model Jesus Christ in all of his/her activities, if employed.
If you find this preamble offensive, then proceed no further.
OUTDOOR EDUCATION PREAMBLE
1. Be responsible for supervision and welfare of campers with every possible effort to help each camper have a positive experience.2. Practice a strong "customer service" attitude. Our groups, campers, and guests are our business and without their continued attendance, we would not be able to operate.3. Teach multiple outdoor education classes proficiently, enthusiastically, and with a positive attitude. 4. Participate in staff training sessions.5. Understand that references are required.6. Be checked through a state agency for criminal background.7. Be willing to sign a contract of employment.8. Perform any duties required to camp operations.9. Report directly to program director and ultimately to executive director.
Please check the appropriate box for each question
Additionally, in the rating column please pick your favorite courses: Place a 1 next to your favorite, 2 next to your second favorite, etc. (Choose at least 3)
Driver License Information
We recommend former employers, teachers, ministers, counselors, or other persons who can give an honest account of the type of person you are. References by personal friends or relatives will not be considered. Please list the name, relationship, and phone number of the people who will be providing your references. Four references are required and must be submitted before hire. Additionally, you will need to distribute a reference form to all references that will need to be turned in before you can start employment. Please print your name at the top of each form (found on kimballcamp.com) before distributing them. Each form should then be filled out and returned directly to Kimball Camp by the person making the reference.
Thousands of young people and families have been dynamically affected by camping experiences throughout the past 100 years. A Christian camping experience has the potential of changing lives, and the influence of the camp staff is what enables this to happen.
A Kimball staff member is a part of a Christian community, sharing the love of Christ with all who come. Taking spiritual leadership is extremely important. The following list is the goals for campers that each staff person is challenged to achieve:
1. Each camper should come to realize that they can pray and talk to God at any time. Group silent prayer with a staff person leading out loud will be a common occurrence during cabin devotions. Hopefully, campers will become comfortable with praying out loud, but this will not be forced in any way. Many campers realize the joy and satisfaction of prayer for the first time while at camp.
2. Each camper will understand that the Bible is a true and valuable guide to daily living. Through the use of scriptures in chapels, vespers, and devotions, campers will learn that stories and verses from the Bible can be directly applied to their personal lives.
3. Each camper will be challenged to grow in such Christian character qualities as love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, and self-control. As a Christian camp community, these qualities must be role modeled by staff.
4. Each camper should understand that God has created the world and given us the responsibility to take care of it. Living in the outdoors for a week creates a perfect opportunity to help children grow in their appreciation, wonder, and love for the beautiful world in which we live. As they watch our sincere appreciation for the natural world they begin to realize more fully the greatness of our God who has so amazingly created all things.
5. Each camper will understand more fully that their body is special and was created to be the temple of the Holy Spirit. Proper health habits, taught and shared by example, will help children grow in respect for their bodies.
6. The simple message of the gospel, that Jesus Christ came to earth to die for us, taking the punishment for our sins so that eternal life can be had by all who believe in Him, will be shared with each camper.
Kimball Camp YMCA has the unique opportunity to receive children from every religious background, race, income level, and nationality. It is our desire as a staff to share God’s love in a nonthreatening manner. We, as a staff, are able to paint a picture, hopefully, of what Christianity is about. In most cases, the decisions and choices children make in response to their camping experiences will not be seen or known for several years. Our job is to carefully, and prayerfully, plant seeds and then leave the rest to God.
Countless people have been dynamically affected by outdoor educational experiences. An outdoor educational experience has the potential to change lives, and the influence of the camp staff is what enables this to happen.
Staff members of Kimball Camp are a part of an experience that for many will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. This experience is founded in the way the staff treats the guests. Kimball Camp attempts to share the love of Christ with all individuals. During the outdoor education season, many groups are public schools and cannot incorporate any religious teaching. Therefore the love of Christ must be shown through the way we act, speak, and listen. Kimball Camp is at all times based in our mission:
Kimball Camp YMCA endeavors to put Christian faith and principles into practice through programs that build healthy body, mind, and spirit for all, in an environment that fosters a wholesome relationship between man and God’s creation.
As a staff members, we strive for the following goals:
1. Each camper will receive the greatest possible educational experience through staff that are positive, enjoyable, and appropriate.2. Each group will leave with the knowledge that Kimball Camp provides the best services.3. Each parent, chaperone, and teacher will leave feeling confident in the Kimball Camp staff.4. Each camper learns more about the world around them, about others, and about themselves through staff guidance at all possible times.5. Each camper will be encouraged to challenge themselves.6. All groups want to reschedule and return for another Kimball Camp experience.Kimball Camp YMCA has the unique opportunity to receive people from every background. It is our desire as a staff to provide every camper a once-in-a-lifetime, unique experience.